Rear Speakers Not Working - Wiring Help

SleAze

Reaction score
Hey, I have a Wondefoo head unit installed in my car (i attached the wiring's details).
My car has the non Bose speakers, fronts work great, rears won't work at all.

From reading by previous threads I saw i need to connect the amp - as it's the one that powers the rear speakers. The problem is every thread i saw was an Xtrons head unit which has different wiring options,
And i wanted to get help on my specific head unit.

Anyway this is my head unit's wires, I saw number 14 is the "AMP-CON" but where should i plug it to?

Picture link: http://prntscr.com/m924n6

Yes, as detailed in the picture above^ it came with all the wires described, and the plug in and play Quadlock harness

BTW forgot to mention my car is a 2012 3dr

This is a picture of the harness: http://prntscr.com/m92kh1
Where you based mate. I have pumpkin unit I thought I would have issues with rear speakers. But it worked straight out of th3 box. Halfords sell th3 connector you need

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Where you based mate. I have pumpkin unit I thought I would have issues with rear speakers. But it worked straight out of th3 box. Halfords sell th3 connector you need

I'm from Israel

or you could email the manufacturer or seller of the headunit and see if they have a solution with your current harness

I'm from Israel
Ok not like we could meet up lol . Your going to have to do trial and error mate take note of which leads u use to get fronts working. Then change round to get the backs going I experimented and most of the phonos have a current going through them.

this is the harness you will need to enable your back speakers, http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT20AU08
ebay the part number in your region (CT20AU08)

i'm guessing your car is non bose and has one of the standard double din headunits. not the RNS-E satnav unit
Yes, my car came with the non bose - Audi Concert system from the factory,
So basically i should just purchase the mentioned above harness and use this on my aftermarket system instead of the original?

Ok not like we could meet up lol . Your going to have to do trial and error mate take note of which leads u use to get fronts working. Then change round to get the backs going I experimented and most of the phonos have a current going through them.

Mines is none bose I wired a amp and sub along existing setup. Works perfect

@SleAze yes i would buy that harness and use it instead of the original as the new harness is already configured for non bose. just make sure you can return it if doesn't work. however saying that i don't see a reason for it not to work

@SleAze yes i would buy that harness and use it instead of the original as the new harness is already configured for non bose. just make sure you can return it if doesn't work. however saying that i don't see a reason for it not to work

Mines is none bose I wired a amp and sub along existing setup. Works perfect

Thank you very much, i have another problem hopefully you could try and help me out with it aswell.

Before installing a reverse camera, everytime i switched to reverse the HeadUnit automatically went to "Reverse Mode" And AVIN.apk popped out (even though it was just stating "No signal" - because no camera was installed).

I have installed a reverse camera, gave it 12V and connected the RCA cable directly to the "CCD AVIN" input from the HeadUnit - without connecting the red power cable from the RCA cable to anything. (It recognised reverse automatically via the canbus i guess).

Everything worked great for I think 4 months, and this week without any notice, when i switched to reverse simply nothing happaned.
Since then the headunit simply won't automatically go to reverse mode.

Nothing was changed, so I have no clue what to do..
Someone who expirienced something like this? The CanBus decoder still works great except the reverse mode (as if it's unplugged the system won't start on because it doesn't get any signal that the ACC is on without the decoder).

Hey, I have a Wondefoo head unit installed in my car (i attached the wiring's details).
My car has the non Bose speakers, fronts work great, rears won't work at all.

From reading by previous threads I saw i need to connect the amp - as it's the one that powers the rear speakers. The problem is every thread i saw was an Xtrons head unit which has different wiring options,
And i wanted to get help on my specific head unit.

Anyway this is my head unit's wires, I saw number 14 is the "AMP-CON" but where should i plug it to?

Picture link: http://prntscr.com/m924n6

You need to connect number 14 onto number 4.

You need to connect number 14 onto number 4.
But where on number 4? (Number 4 is the quadlock main harness (I uploaded an image)

Attachments

• 81B85736-A031-4E25-8F61-96EF26EB9D86.jpeg
    81B85736-A031-4E25-8F61-96EF26EB9D86.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 345
But where on number 4? (Number 4 is the quadlock main harness (I uploaded an image)

Ah yes my bad, I just saw that it said power cable I didn’t actually look and see that it’s the quad lock connector.
What is number 2 for, what does it say on the little tag?
You’re looking for another cable that gives out power which is usually blue but if you’re wiring is same as that picture then it looks like you don’t have one.

Ah yes my bad, I just saw that it said power cable I didn’t actually look and see that it’s the quad lock connector.
What is number 2 for, what does it say on the little tag?
You’re looking for another cable that gives out power which is usually blue but if you’re wiring is same as that picture then it looks like you don’t have one.
https://prnt.sc/m924n6

This picture is exactly from my system
Number 2 says “BACK-CAR”

https://prnt.sc/m924n6

This picture is exactly from my system
Number 2 says “BACK-CAR”

Does the fm radio work? If you look at number 22 for the antenna that has a blue cable that you also have to connect to power. What have you connected that blue cable to?

Also what have you connected 6, 7, 9 & 10 to?
From the picture the harness doesn’t look right as you should have 4 more red and white rca connections to connect 6, 7, 9 & 10 to. Just like this xtrons one below where it has 4, 5, 6 & 7 which connect to 21, 22, 23 & 24.
A0AAF0EA BEC1 4ECD 9E88 0A478E1FCE92

Does the fm radio work? If you look at number 22 for the antenna that has a blue cable that you also have to connect to power. What have you connected that blue cable to?

Also what have you connected 6, 7, 9 & 10 to?
From the picture the harness doesn’t look right as you should have 4 more red and white rca connections to connect 6, 7, 9 & 10 to. Just like this xtrons one below where it has 4, 5, 6 & 7 which connect to 21, 22, 23 & 24.View attachment 173867

Thank you everyone for your help, I finally sorted this out by doing the following (specified to my product: https://prnt.sc/m924n6)

connecting 14 to 13, and connecting 6, 7, 9. 10 to the male correspondings that don't appear in the picture i added above (they are marked in the picture as number 4)

Everything is working great now.

The only problem remaining now is the following (even though it's not audio related, it's still regarding the HeadUnit)

Thank you very much, i have another problem hopefully you could try and help me out with it aswell.

Before installing a reverse camera, everytime i switched to reverse the HeadUnit automatically went to "Reverse Mode" And AVIN.apk popped out (even though it was just stating "No signal" - because no camera was installed).

I have installed a reverse camera, gave it 12V and connected the RCA cable directly to the "CCD AVIN" input from the HeadUnit - without connecting the red power cable from the RCA cable to anything. (It recognised reverse automatically via the canbus i guess).

Everything worked great for I think 4 months, and this week without any notice, when i switched to reverse simply nothing happaned.
Since then the headunit simply won't automatically go to reverse mode.

Nothing was changed, so I have no clue what to do..
Someone who expirienced something like this? The CanBus decoder still works great except the reverse mode (as if it's unplugged the system won't start on because it doesn't get any signal that the ACC is on without the decoder).