Rear speakers and Sub not quite right

kayvee

Reaction score
Hi,

I've searched all over for a fix to this and not quite there.

I've just purchased my first Audi and very happy with it. It's an A3 3dr 2005 facelift model.

I purchased the Connects2 Can-Bus adaptor with loom in order to install my Pioneer headunit and Parrot bluetooth. All well apart from the fact that the rear speakers and sub aren't loud anymore??? Also the rear speakers are very selective over what frequency they seem to be chucking out. I've checked the settings on the headunit and made sure the HPF and LPF are turned off.

The fronts are wired off the ISO connector and work supurbly. The rears are plugged into via RCA (headunit rear to loom which has RCA for fronts and rears). The remote is plugged in as well as unplugging it shuts the rear off completely.

All I've read so far is that I should re-wire my rear speakers to the headunit amp but it seems fairly long winded. Please help!

Kish

The Pioneer is feeding quality 2 x 50w to the fronts and the rear amp is feeding a shyte 2 x 20w to the rears, the sub is 1 x 50w. It really is as simple as that.

had the same problem on my A4 and with andy's help sussed out what had to be done, and your right youll need to rewire the rear speakers to the headunit, if its the same as the A4 set up, then youll need to run the speaker wires from the back of the headunit to the rear amp/sub and pick up the feeds there, from memory the sub and amp on the A3's is on the n/s of the boot so run the wires to there and join them on to the feed out to the rear speakers, not sure if the plug is the same on the A3's as the A4's so dont want to say its this wire and that one etc

same on my a4 Scott,where is the amp and connector block for rear speakers when I need to run cables in cos sounds awful-too much front bias. radio reception is not as good as audi unit either why dont they make cd players that take mp3 discs the tight gits.

Last edited:
so where do i strip out to get at the speaker connectors,left of boot or right?