Rear Light Tint?

flippantaudi

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this? I'm just finishing off the last few of the mods I intended to do on the rear of my car - chrome exhaust tips ordered, spoiler fitted. I like the slightly smoked rear lights (Am I right in thinking they come slightly darker on the S Line?) and wanted to do the same to mine. I have an SE Avant with the LED tail light and have been looking at the 'fly eye' tints as they seem easier to apply as I have zero experience in tinting. Any thought or comments welcome!

Yep, I've tinted the clear bits on my A6 and my A4 along with various headlights.

Buy laminx, light smoke should look good.
I use soapy water and a hair dryer. Soapy water so you can move the film around hair dryer to stretch it around the corners.

Tbh though, if you have no experience of doing this, I would not recomend you try as you will struggle.

Pay a professional to do it.

I did all my lights with fly eye a couple weeks ago and it doesn't look bad in my opinion, granted it's not as nice as the lamin x when you're up close but for a fraction of the price it will do for me. Cost me £10 for 2 rolls and that did headlights, rear lights, fogs and side indicators. It was also my first time doing anything like this and didn't find it too hard, it's not absolutely perfect but with how cheap it is I'm happy for this to have been a practice run and am looking at re doing the rears in the next couple of weeks now I've had more practice. Check my thread of you want to see what the fly eye looks like, plenty of pics on there.

my A4 has tinted rear's and side repeaters and fly eyed the front, makes the dipped beam a bit dim but upped the lamps to xeons to compensate, photo's available if required