Rear diffuser

Skid

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you have to remove the bumper to remove the rear diffuser?

Thinking of getting a Rieger one at some point and just trying to figure out how hard it would be to fit.

Many thanks

It's a ton easier to take the bumper off. Simple to do. I've seen on here it's been done in situ.

I removed rear bumper when I did mine, much easier I suspect than trying to do it in place

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leevr
Thanks for the reply’s,least I know now the easiest way to do when the time comes :thumbs up:

Think it was @Leevr that sent me a guide, fairly straight forward the rear lights are quite tight to remove and a deep 10/13mm socket for rear bumper bolts, I have deep ones but i had to borrow a deeper one from a friend, also as a tip use some blu tack o the rear bumper bolts so you don't drop em.

Reactions: Leevr
Hi guys

I have a 2010 Audi a3 (60plate) and I'm looking to do some repair work to the rear bumper. So I wanted to replace the sline diffuser for an s3 one is it staright bolt on bolt off ?

Hi guys

I have a 2010 Audi a3 (60plate) and I'm looking to do some repair work to the rear bumper. So I wanted to replace the sline diffuser for an s3 one is it staright bolt on bolt off ?
a 2010 is an 8P, not an 8V. You might be better checking in the 8P section but i suspect the sline and s3 bumpers were different on the 8P but i could be wrong.

a 2010 is an 8P, not an 8V. You might be better checking in the 8P section but i suspect the sline and s3 bumpers were different on the 8P but i could be wrong.
Cool thanks I'll have a look now

You aren't wrong. The s-line 8P has the SE bumper with an s-line diffuser while the S3 8P has a different rear bumper.

On the 8V FL rear diffuser. Is it impossible to replace the diffuser without removing the rear bumper?

On the 8V FL rear diffuser. Is it impossible to replace the diffuser without removing the rear bumper?
I suppose it is possible, but would be difficult, the aftermarket diffusers sometimes require a little persuasion to fit correctly, having done one myself I would remove the bumper.

I know. I fitted a fiberglas diffuser on my 8P. I didn't need to cut anything, but I know it would fit better if I did.

For the 8V, I consider buying this diffuser. It's ABS plastic and they claim it fits perfectly. This is the best option I found so far.