1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Random thing from your youth

Leevr Apr 4, 2020

1. Leevr

Leevr Well-Known Member Audi S3 Porsche Viper Green

Bit of light hearted distraction from the worlds problems.

Quadratic equations and transposition of formulas. Teacher states you must learn how to solve these problems. Left school 32 years ago. Even as an aircraft engineer, i can safely say I've never had a need to use or solve either.

Anyone else got anything from their youth that is, in their opinion been totally useless to date?

Sandra and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

I have and most of it has been a total waste of time to be honest, I learnt more after I left school than I did at school..
    One of my most memorable things was from primary school, in a lesson one day the teacher decided to make a comment that has stuck with all my life and it is as clear today as when it happened.

She blurted out at me " Empty vessel's make the most noise" , totally uncalled for and probably damaged me physiologically for the rest of my life, she was a horrible person full stop.

Raiden, CHEZ and Leevr like this.
  4. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

And she also maintained i'd never get anywhere in life , I proved her wrong big time.

Leevr likes this.
  5. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

I had one of them. I suffer from dyspraxia so I’m a bit slow at stuff.

When I still lived at home this teacher moved across the road from our house. This one particularly week it had been snowing and it was freezing and her shed of a car wouldn’t start. I jumped in my car looked at her with this big grin on my face as it started. I looked at her and laughed and drove off. Silly cow been working all her life and all she had to show for it was a pokey studio that she rented.

Few years ago I sat my niece down and taught her about credit history, bank rates and mortgages. Even she said they should teach this at school as she had no clue with her high grades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leevr likes this.
  6. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

Been working since I was 15 and the most useless bit of my childhood was that, working! as I still to this day have no idea where all that money I earnt went and that was for a good few years at least lol.

7. k.lockU2

k.lockU2 Member Team V6 Audi RS4 Audi S2 Audi A4 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group

Comdoms

8. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro Manual

I was never really good at maths, which apparently would result in me not being able to do my dream job of “working with computers”

I’ve been in the field since I left school, and recently been promoted to Lead Cyber Security Analyst, for a large retail organisation...

I don’t ever remember being asked to prove any of my GCSE grades. Nor feel I’ve used 80% of what I was taught at school.