Random Radio station after TP announcement

dts439

Reaction score
Had a 4 hour trip yesterday and was listening to a combination of BBC R4 and 5 Live. on DAB

I had switched back on TP Announcements recently and each time I had a traffic report it swapped back to a different random radio station about 50% of the time. After a while it got annoying so I can see why I switched it off.

Also the car on startup seems to have forgotten the radio station it was on.

I'm guessing this is all part of a bug in the version of MMI I have and it needs updating.

P.S. the 4 hour (nonstop) trip was very comfortable in the A4 and the car makes driving such long distances possible. I have now adopted using the limiter mode of the ACC which seems to work well, and a long overdue feature in Audi. Only took me a year to find it...

I have only had that if the radio station forgets to turn off what ever carrier signal for the tp. Done this to any car I have owned so doubtful if its mmi. It maybe you have local turned on as well...

I have only had that if the radio station forgets to turn off what ever carrier signal for the tp. Done this to any car I have owned so doubtful if its mmi. It maybe you have local turned on as well...
Even if I cancel the TP by clicking the volume wheel it can goes back to another preset. Never had this in any of teh other Audi DAB radios (in various A4/A3/A1). Only thing I noticed was that there were separate options for TP alerting on FM and DAB. I just mentioned the MMI update as think I saw a thread that this had fixed the radio station not being remembered for someone after switch off/on (this car has always had this problem - often choosing Heart - which it was tuned to when I picked it up...)

Ok I'll look tomorrow now if that's ok. But if anyone else wishes to comment be my guest...

Car was in for its first service last week. They checked with Audi Germany and they confirmed its a known problem for the radio to not return to original station after a TPS announcement, but no fix yet!

I asked about getting the MMI software version updated anyway but they said they only do that when recommended by Audi Germany for particular issues.