Random alarms. VCDS info

funkyspider

Reaction score
A6 Avant Le Mans 2010

Suffering from random alarms always inconveniently in the early hours of the morning.
I borrowed VCDS from a friend and had a look. No alarm related fault codes, so it's a proper trigger.

A list of alarm triggers shows 9. Intelligent siren. Maybe paranoid siren would be more appropriate.

Does this sound like I need a new siren unit. If so can anyone advise on the Part No to order.
Is there any further information I can get from VCDS to help fully identify the issue as the siren. If so where do I look, I'm obviously new to using it.

Finally, if it i the siren is it behind the dash under the wipers on this model, or in the luggage area of the boot.

Thanks.

zA4QtNcKt54eCGWTZl8rvUTvmYY07nSKcZmzP_vgeyy09FCV_M7iuies4XbiyA93zZJbHeZF8le8xV9rLh5wDTx4AxSKbl90aUsRyRhHYbkII99gX64yGX9nKWpo_VziGIVXWStDK6QoPRLCq_df7MANkRyVhGDzA-e6dhwnw3pRvclEAHyKt4vThj1iNoX_s_2j_mJmnUZni8tSrXNBwDzUd5YumCZLPzL63CO3DM07Ow5X1cVLTwDT9LVOmm_2eq1eTPFKahK5vaT4tDteLAWuRNSkPRxZnnXH25lAgdIRfZbxdoPzPdkcRRi6ZXN745rGgrpnPE1MXbVHhPkbka6gM1zK9HVBqrozg9z_uLuUl_-i5PcjsLMkM33I37MzZ1IsuBTvjI5pB-jCNkiRUUcI3ojw6MJel4kekfi1V-C3QNSEwZ7aSQr5y1bv3gVcqMjfWXnLDSKY3Gu1AC7R59w8RULcYM1pfM8P24d5GJOq8kEmaKXTPZ65NZKF7rMkqwP5-08rthEFYEU96eCyPff1SLya11ya8K3DZBaO7zWAcbvbkGKn8U9hWo0YqZT9l_RsZM9-v0z7YcZiCiwLq-s7tf7mzfVVyhnRwawEzNCdSrk9duo1whFcpDW3Da5D0vbQYgvBzTzbmEnEMT0SvRoDjJoMcX5NLQ=w1018-h763-no

I wouldn’t be able to advise what may have caused you this but I was researching the position and removal process if the siren.
I wanted to add another, louder one inline with oem one as it is simply quiet.
Couldn’t hear it on the second floor from the underground parking lot and have windows just above it, in the middle of the night.

In 2.0 diesel is underneath the cover, behind all wiper motor and all that.
Somewhere deeply embedded but could not get to remove it yet.

Asked a member with ElasWin to advise to removal process but haven’t heard from him yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: funkyspider
I'd be happy for mine to be quieter, much quieter at the moment. So would the neighbours. Thanks for position info..

After the alarm being silent for all the weeks of good weather as soon as it started to rain again overnight it's going off again.

Can anyone advise what part to order to replace the siren unit please.