1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Radio volume and electric handbrake issue

Booti Sep 13, 2020

1. Booti

Booti Registered User

Was wondering if anyone could answer the following for me please.

Audio volume. Is there an option to enable / disable the stereo volume auto adjusting depending on the car speed? I have had it previous cars that as you go faster the volume increases to compensate for road noise. I’m not sure my car does it.

Second, does anyone know if you can disable this following feature pleased, probably in coding.
    I was parking the car the other day (its a Quattro s tronic box) and wanted to check I was suitable between the lines as it was a narrow space.
    As I opened the door to check, it automatically pulled the electric handbrake on.

TIA

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Turn down GALA In your sound settings in order to disable auto volume.

4. Bigjase88

Bigjase88 Registered User

The handbrake enabling is a safety feature

and yeah as said turn GALA up, no idea why it is called GALA though

5. rafletcher

rafletcher Registered User

Could you not just turn the volume / speed adjustment to 0 in the MMI setting? Or does that not fully disable it.

6. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

That’s GALA, turn to 0 and it’s off.

rafletcher likes this.
  7. Leevr

Leevr Registered User

GALA (Graduated Audio Level Adjustment), using the speed pulse of the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) to adjust the volume in a car audio head unit; ... 1996 Audi Cabriolet Change Vehicle (1.0) 1 consumer review; A new stereo feature is Audi's graduated audio level adjustment system...

8. Booti

Booti Registered User

Thanks all, I’ll have a look at the GALA settings.
    The handbrake is just annoying. Can’t wait till we try and line it up on the two post ramp next time it’s serviced.

9. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

I’ve noticed the annoying handbrake thing when you open the door too. If it comes on, hold the car on the footbrake, turn the handbrake off with the normal switch, and then continue rolling. I’ve not found any other way.

10. AudiUser01

AudiUser01 Registered User

Can't you just tilt one of the mirrors down instead?

11. rafletcher

rafletcher Registered User

Yebbut it's a pain (unless you have memory mirrors) re-setting the offside one "just right" for the very occasional time you need to check.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. josul

josul Registered User