Quick Review - Mk3 TT S-Line 2.0TFSI FWD Manual

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
xns3CRl.jpg

This was my service loan car that I had for the day when my S4 was in for its 2nd year service. A mk3 TT S-Line 2.0TFSI FWDI manual GB

So I thought, time for a quick review as this is the 1st mk3 TT I've driven
This particular car was a 17 plate with 65 miles on the clock. A brand new car then

Looked very smart in nano grey. Suited the standard fit 19" S-Line alloys too IMHO

The interior was a nice place to be. Nice fit and finish, but I am aware that this car was almost bran new. The 'basic' virtual cockpit was very nice
Couldn't believe a car of this value (£35k+) had only manual AC & not climate control tho'
No HHA in this particular car which I missed
Someone had left the heated front seats on full heat & nearly burnt my aspect until I figured how to switch 'em off lol

The main disappointment for me was the performance from the 230bhp 2.0 TFSI engine.
My wife's car, a 5 door MINI Cooper S, which has a 2.0 petrol turbo engine producing a claimed 192bhp
Yes, yes I know the TT had only done 65 miles, but the wife's MINI feels/felt way quicker than the TT even when the MINI had 65 miles on

I wondered at some point whether I could manage with a mk3 TT but after seeing the the rear seat space I now know its just a bit small for me/us

Don't get me wrong I loved the TT but was just a little disappointed over a few aspects of it

lol I took the wife to look at a TT a while back, tried to fit her in the back with me in the passenger seat...neither of us got in....she is 5ft9 and I'm 6ft1. OK just the two of us in the front, but nobody is getting in the back, no matter how far forward the seat is!