Quick intro and some newb questions!

bexman

Reaction score
Hi guys

Great forum, i've just signed up on the basis that I'm picking up an A3 sportback next friday, its a 2014 s-tronic sport but I have a few queries on specs.

• I've noticed it has the sat-nav button and the dealer says 'sat-nav prep'. When I enquired what that meant he said its got the two SD card slots on it. Does this mean I just need to put maps on an SD card?
  • Do the A3's have auto head lights as standard?
  • Can I play movie files through the screen when stationery or even better if I was to open iPlayer on my phone will it play via the screen?
Cheers

• You have to buy the SD card from Audi. They have to install and activate the sat nav - costs about £500. You can buy the card off eBay for £50, but it won't work unless Audi activate it, so don't be tempted to do that!
  • Auto headlights is an option, called High Beam Assist, £100 at time of order.
  • I'll let someone else answer about playing video, but I know it won't play when moving.

Auto lights aren't standard. High beam assist is a different option altogether

Thanks Rich, just noticed the spec says 'Automatic low beam headlights' Is that the same thing?

Thanks Rich, just noticed the spec says 'Automatic low beam headlights' Is that the same thing?

Hi @bexman, welcome to the forum! :D Automatic low beam headlights are not high beam assist thats a different thing as mentioned above. Automatic low beam headlights will switch on the low beams automatically as it gets dark (usually comes as part of the light and rain sensor pack which also switches the wipers on when it starts raining)

Reactions: bexman
I assumed you meant auto dipping, but previous poster is correct - two separate options. The auto headlights are often got as part of the comfort pack (lights come on in poor light). If you have comfort pack you get auto wipers as well. In that case the auto headlights are triggered by auto wipers (ie lights come on when it rains)

Reactions: Minion Bob!
The sat nav question has been answered, but with respect of the 2 card slots, one will have the card with the maps on etc (if you buy this) and the other can be used for music/MP3's etc.

thanks guys, all it says on the spec list is Automatic Low Beam Headlights. It's no problem, I'll find out next Friday anyway! Looking forward to getting it, they drive really well.

You'll need to put the rotary headlamp switch to auto for those to work. Auto lights and wipers are well worth having. I think by virtue of this it also gives you coming home lights too basically the lights stay on for 30 secs or so when you lock the car in the dark - same when unlocking the car in the dark.