Questions about my Audi A3 3.2 v6

Syred123

Reaction score
Hi all,

A few months back I purchased my first 54 plate Audi A3 3.2 v6 and I'm really enjoying the car (apparent from the slight lag in selecting D or R on the DSG box!).

I've used the forum on numerous occasions to check out for helpful tips when first purchasing my Audi and to establish knowledge on potential issues so I'm sure someone will be able to help!

I have two questions:
1. I have an inbuilt car phone with an adapter for the old Nokia 3310 (I believe), I wondered if there is any way to convert this to an iPhone/Smart Phone dock instead?

2. I took my grandfather out the other day and made the fatal mistake of parking near a tree. It was dark and when he opened the door to get out I heard a horrific noise and he's opened it onto roots that had grown through the pavement. The frustrating part is that it pulled back a 3rd of the car door's underside plastic trim. It pops back in but doesn't hold - I don't suppose anyone else has had this happen to them before and knows of a remedy rather than having a panel working look into it?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Your car will be an 8p not 8l so you will get more help in the 8p section
But with the dsg box you can recalibrate it uses vcds if that’s doesn’t work it could well be the mecatronic unit might be on its way out does it jerk in to 1st when taking off?

Your car will be an 8p not 8l so you will get more help in the 8p section
But with the dsg box you can recalibrate it uses vcds if that’s doesn’t work it could well be the mecatronic unit might be on its way out does it jerk in to 1st when taking off?
Apologies! I've just started a new thread in that section.

Yea, it can be a little jerky in first gear, only really when initially selected. The same goes for reverse. Although the main thing I notice is when I first select R from D, it can take 1-3 seconds to select. I notice most when on a slight hill, if I've driven down then try revering back up the hill, I start rolling a foot or two before it selects. I've had a look over peoples comments and it seems quite common although maybe (like to said) it's my gear box on the way out - which would be gutting...

Gearbox on dsg are Usually solid if anything it will be the mecatronics unit or the clutch packs but most likely the mecatronic unit. Do you have vcds? A quick recalibrate could help as the clutch pack wear over time. Another thing to look out for is the dsg service been done

Gearbox on dsg are Usually solid if anything it will be the mecatronics unit or the clutch packs but most likely the mecatronic unit. Do you have vcds? A quick recalibrate could help as the clutch pack wear over time. Another thing to look out for is the dsg service been done
I had the oil and filter changed a few hundred miles ago, it may a bit of difference but didn't fix the problem. It had only been changed 20k miles before that too.

I don't have a VCDS, only an ODB2. Are there any you could suggest that aren't mega £££?

Thank you

No you need vcds to be able to do it have a look in the vcds section their might be some one local to you who will do it for a free beer tokens also if you are getting it done you can check for timing chain stretch for piece of mind and see if it’s in tolerance can’t remember which module it is but it’s easy to find on and a lot related to mk5 r32 (same engine)

Last edited: