Facelift Question for ACC (ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL) RETROFIT

repliak

Reaction score
Hi,

I am the owner of an AUDI A3 8V 2.0 TFSI FACELIFT 2018 that has PARK ASSIT and VIRTUAL COCKPIT. I want to install the ACC and I would like to know if anybody was able to install it. I checked at ETKA and found that with my VIN number the parts that I will require are the one that I attach in thread + wiring harness + front grill with the hole for the ACC (I will cut it) + steering wheel command column (I only have the cruise control) + Can Bus MQB High (I have the MID). The true is that i am afraid of buying something different by mistake for not having enough knowledge. Anyone can tell if these are the correct parts?
On other hand, I contacted KUFATEC and they told me that they kit will work with my car and I just only need to make the installation on an official dealer. But its more expensive than searching for the parts on eBay and buying them assuming risks. Someone has the experience so that I am not going to fail on this?

Thank you very much and greetings from Argentina.
P.D: Sorry for my english.

Attachments

• audi radar.jpg
    audi radar.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 561
Reactions: KenL
Hi Repliak,

did you ever go ahead with fitting the ACC to your A3? I'm looking to do the same to my A3, same model.

Thanks, Daniel

Seems a huge amount of effort for something that you don't actually need.

I'd also worry that fitting it yourself would not give the same result as the factory.

I would not buy a car without it again! But seems like a very difficult retrofit! As well as trusting your life (kind of) on a retrofit.

I would not buy a car without it again! But seems like a very difficult retrofit! As well as trusting your life (kind of) on a retrofit.

Seriously! You can't manage without this?

Reactions: Phutters
Stay alert and you'll be fine!

It’s not about alertness it’s about setting a speed and not having to do a thing except point it in the right direction! On a side note doesn’t matter how hard I try I can’t beat the auto breaking to the brake in an emergency it’s just too fast haha

Reactions: Invicta and Kondax
It’s not about alertness it’s about setting a speed and not having to do a thing except point it in the right direction! On a side note doesn’t matter how hard I try I can’t beat the auto breaking to the brake in an emergency it’s just too fast haha
I do a lot of commuting in to Manchester as well, around 32 miles. Going to work is fine, early enough to miss all of the traffic, but college... 2 and a half hours of bumper to bumper and all I have is a manual with regular cruise control so I can completely understand your comment. Don't listen to Ken, there's a lot of people like that on here. Hopefully I'll get to experience ACC some day haha

Reactions: Mark_86
I believe this can be done but it’s very expensive. I had this on my mk7 golf R and I do miss it, I wanted it on my rs3 but on the prefacelift you lose the Quattro sign at the bottom of the grill in favour for the radar, which is why it’s been moved on the fl!

I second how good the ACC is.. love it on my car and use it daily. Much easier in stop start traffic.

Feel your pain, I’m regularly sat on the M62, M60, M1, M6 and M25 so I totally get why you wouldn’t be without ACC.

I’m in your camp it’s brilliant, set it, sit there and steer.