Pussy Magnet!

Bulloo

Reaction score
Side note first: Ok only had the car for less than a week and now and have really scraped one front wheel and scuffed rear back wheel and now considering the following (cos of the fact I have to park in really narrow London streets and have to be as close to the curb as possible otherwise you know what's gonna happen)!

* Alloygators/Rim protector (rubber/plastic things) - anyone have any experience and what they will look like on the standard S3 Sportback alloys "18 x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished"?
OR/
* Shall I go for one of those Alloy Wheel Insurance policies (Ala, etc)?

*** MORE IMPORTANTLY ***
Been driving in ECO mode only (the Coasting feature is superb and I'm doing +40 mpg) but then had to take the moggy to the vet and it just wouldn't shut up (she's Siamese so very vocal). So put in Dynamic and Oh-My...The noise and more importantly nothing from the cat (she just sat there in the carrier all quiet) - which just says it all..

Return trip back exactly the same, car is staying in Dynamic from now on (works on the two-legged variety as well - bliss)!!!

Alloys gators ain't that bad to be fair, less mither as if you Curb them just scrape off the excess or replace that one if bad enough.

Insurance would mean taking in the car everything you scrape them.

Wonder if anyone with a 8V has fitted gators?

To the OP - I'd try and get top them refurbished first and then get some gators fitted.

I can tell you from bitter experience that the S3 standard wheel is £650 a pop :(

So try everything you can to avoid damaging them any more!

Be warned
A lot of the alloy wheel insursnce policies don't cover diamond cut alloys.

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Pulp84
Be warned
A lot of the alloy wheel insursnce policies don't cover diamond cut alloys.

Excellent point Soulboy.........and the insurance companies that do cover the will only provide a cosmetic repair. Which means sanding down the damage, using a paint that has a diamond cut effect and then blending it in with the rest of the wheel. Looks OK from a distance but not great close up.