Puddle/warning light fitting guide

hi robin,

any news on fitting the footwell lights on the b7 avant.

regards,

alan.

Not had a chance to do anything however let me know when you are free and we'll give it another bash when its dry

remember when we fitted the front door lights rob.we removed the panel on the passenger side, just below the glovebox to gain access to the various block connectors.
we then had to remove one connector (black one ?) to reset the system so that the lights would work.

just a thought robin !.......would it be possible to tap into that block connector to gain a feed to the footwell lights using your looms ?
this way,once the plug is reconnected it should reset and power up the lights.

let us know your thoughts on this robin,maybe check the diagram to see if its possible,

regards,

alan.

Im feeling quite priviliged as my 2000 X plate A3 1.8T Sport has puddle lights :happy:

Great thread

I was wondering if anyone could help me out i followed this guide for my b7 A4 but for some reason the lights dont work. i only tried it for the drivers door and when it didnt work just gave up.

I tried the positive wire in pin 16 (my car is nov 2007) so it should or worked in that but it didnt. Also i unplugged the black connector and put it back in as instructed.

Still didnt work so tried pin 13 and still no joy.

Also i forgot to mention i soldered the earth wire in as instructed too and it must be correct as my windows still work.

anyone have any ideas to what i may have done wrong?

Maybe because i didnt do the passenger side as well?

Or could it be when i was un plugging the black connector i was somehow doing it wrong? i tried it with the ignition on and off when i unplugged it both times and it didnt make a difference.

Any help at all i would really appreciate thanks.

Ignore my last post guys. i go to use my car a hour later and they suddenly work? Weird haha! only strang thing is that the power is in pin 13 even though my car was made in november 2007

Hello can you send me the post pictures step by step how to mount the door glow of the audi a4 b6 b7. My mail is pi6kunti@abv.bg

Hi Robin the photos are unavailable any chance you can email the instructions to me ? Nealedevries@yahoo.com or whatsapp +27728016732 please I want to fit pudde lights and warning lifhts to my S3 just need to know where to get the power from

I do, please send me a message

Reactions: Grant Valentine
I've installed puddle & warning lights on my B7 & all the front door lights work as they should. I didn't have to unplug anything. My car was manufactured September 2006 so I'm following the 'From 2006' wiring diagrams in the Bentley manual & I've confirmed that the wiring matches on ElsaWin.

The rear doors won't light up at all & I've disconnected all the plugs from both rear door modules & line checked all the wiring. The warning light & puddle light are using pins 2 & 3 for power & both lights use pin 6 to complete the circuit on plug T16. (According to Bentley & ElsaWin, cars with manual windows in the rear use 1 pin to power both lights). I've opened up the door modules & the PCBs are clean, etc.

Any ideas what's going on with the rear doors?

# Sorry, ignore - just realised I've posted this in the B6 area #

Last edited: