prefacelift longitudinal sensor location

Adam_S3

Reaction score
Hi all,

My cars currently in at audi, due to a intermittant abs problem that an independant garage was struggling with. The fault code we managed to get at the indi was 04ff longitudinal sensor signal improbable. So audi checked it out themselves and also checked the wiring.

So now they're saying the longitudinal sensor is inside the abs module which would need replaced... now i know from reading on here it is either under glovebox or drivers column... but not built in? I told him it wasnt but he insisted :/

Can anybody shed some light on this? My cars a 2000 w reg s3.

Anybody? I need to be positive before the morning when I phone them ...

I also have a 2000 apy s3 and my lat/long sensors are under steering column + glovebox .... to replace these sensors is a DIY job blatently

both are on intermittantly, i was under the impression these needed coding with vag com?

Yes it could do with zero'ing but tbh i just rwplaced mine with a 2nd hand one and i have not had any issues since

Once u have replaced it in its housing if any warning lights return try swapping it with the other sensor as they are both the same part but just installed at a different angle .... if that still fails then plug ut into a vcds and calibrate the sensor by subtle tweeks