Pre sense

kxt79

Reaction score
hi - I have spec'd ACC with an stronic box. I understand that even when ACC is not active that the car has the ability to stop if below 19mph. Does anything happen if your travelling above 19mph? Do you get any warnings or not?

Thanks

I've had warnings that I'm sure were above 19mph it's very hard to trigger a pre sense warning intentionly I find. Often you just get an audio and visual warning which is enough to just make you instinctively brake, so never let is get to the next stages of pre sense. One after I applied brakes during a warning I'm sure the car increased the braking force. Hard to tell though.

Ive had pre sense warn me at 35mph when a idiot in front slammed his brakes on at last minute to swing into a junction. All that happened was a red triangle popped up in the DIS saying something like pre sense detected or something like that. The car didnt brake but the warning and the noise makes you brake anyway

I've had the brakes activate on their own with the PS warning.
it's happened when a car in front is turning off on a slip lane to the right & i've carried on past.
If it still thinks theres a chance of hitting the car in front, it will hit the brakes..

I've had it happen a few times. Often comes up when people in front of you are pulling off the road and you start accelerating to go past them when they are gone. The warning triangle and beep is the first warning, then the brakes will activate for 1/2 second or so as a warning, and if no action is taken after that it'll brake as much as it can to avoid the collision. I've only ever got to the second stage and it does shock you a bit! There's a a left-hand corner with a right turning on my way from home, and the turning has a filter lane. Often when there is a car sitting in the filter lane and you are going past it thinks that you're going to hit the car for a bit and panics sometimes, not very often though.

I've had it kick in a few times, there seems to be 2 levels.

Warning and intervention. Obviously the first one it just flashes up on the DIS, second one warning and flashes up, braking for you as well.

It's actually a very handy feature, saved me a couple of times.

Great into, thanks for your help all.

I've had it come on a few times, it actually saved me rear ending someone once when I had a brain fart by braking sharply so that would have been less than 19mph. It has come on at random times when it didn't need to though, like when I was going between a car turning right and the pavement and another time when I was in a 3 lane road in a sharp left turn with someone slightly in front of me to the right; it applied the brakes.

If you specced ACC with it then it doesn't let you undertake someone at speed, it slows you down to like 2-3mph quicker than them and gradually undertakes.... not that I ever undertake :angel:

If you hypothetically give a quick pull on the ACC stalk though, it hypothetically overrides it and hypothetically speeds back up to the speed you had, hypothetically undertaking the person in question faster.

Not that I do that either of course :p

Reactions: JohnM100, jimmydougle, elpaulio and 1 other person