Pre sense city

gtunney

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s experience of the pre sense city that comes as standard?

Mine is currently set to early but it just doesn’t seem to do anything. No audible warnings, no auto braking. I had a close call this morning and the system didn’t do anything. No faults when I start up the car. I do however get the little circle with the triangle when I start the ignition but this vanished and is apparently standard.

I also had a driver assist mode on my monochrome DIS which has now vanished for some reason. No idea why?

Mine occasionally pings at me, but does entirely seem to be quite random and I wouldn’t say it’s consistent.

I think if you are already taking action (e.g. braking) it doesn’t ping or flash up anything.

If that’s the case then I’d have expected it to take action earlier then it did. I’ve been reading and it may have been possible I was below the min speed as it was stop start traffic. I’ve had the car almost a week now and the only sound alert I had was when going through chevron traffic zone.

I’d have expected it to go off loads more than it has but nothing.

That’s why I questioned if it was even working with the driver assist vanishing off the DIS.

Have you also the drivers assist your pack? Plus you may well have either moved the dis to another screen or turned off some of the assistance aids?

No I have a bog standard 2016 s-line.

I’ve checked all settings in the MMI and nothing is disabled with regards to driver assist. It appeared as the very last mode on the DIS after the nav compass.

Front of car with the 2 lines down the side for road like lane assist but it didn’t actually do anything when ever it was on the dis.

Strange, lane assist only needs the camera so I wonder if anyone has coded it into the car...

Strange, lane assist only needs the camera so I wonder if anyone has coded it into the car...

I would doubt it as there is no other code changes. Just seems weird it was on the DIS and not it’s not.