SQ5 Potential recall?

Meester_Steve

Reaction score
I came across this thread yesterday https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/new-forum-new-sq5-ordered-2948461/
“…there is a stop order on the vehicle. There is an issue with the production run and a recall with the Brakes.”

His car was build week 19 - 2 weeks after ours which still stuck in Emden but I won’t go on about it - and arrived in Canada a couple of day ago.

Anyone else heard anything on this?

Hopefully I’m not just spreading fake news.

Update.
The recall is based around the thickness of the chrome on the calliper pistons where air bubbles can form.
Just a US thing or perhaps the reason for shipping delays from Emden?

For those who are impacted by the June recall, check out the latest on the Audiworld form.
Interesting read.

Think my car is in the clear by a few weeks hopefully...

Thanks to you have managed to to track the ship to City of Barcelona and ealier in the week I identified that the ship would be leaving Emden on 22/06 to arrive in the Port of Tyne on 23/06 at 07:00. I have received confirmation that my car is on this ship.

I am pleased to say that despite all the concerns and potential recalls identified above these have ‘hopefully’ not impacted my car (could be just a US one).

My SQ5 was built on week 20 and the delays by the other people on this group could therefore be possible other reasons...I doubt I am the lucky one!!!!