Potential Purchase A4(B8)

Luke_Ada

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am newbie when it comes to cars, last time when I purchased motor was over 10 years ago.
I have a chance to buy 62 plate Audi A4 Avant Quattro Black Edition from my boss for £5k.
Car has done 95k miles on motorways around London. Considering the price is that a good purchase?

Reactions: Buxton2901
Tbh that is a fantastic price. Bite his hand off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anything to be concerned about? Service book says toothed belt need to be changed around 114k miles. Is that costly service?

Anything to be concerned about? Service book says toothed belt need to be changed around 114k miles. Is that costly service?
Not sure is im honest. I drive a 2.7 V6 with a chain not a belt. I would think around 3-4 hundred quid.
I check would gearbox, wheel bearings, suspension etc. But that 5k it's a steal and I would doubt your boss would sell you a lemon...... Or would he

Thanks i checked the invoices and the suspension was changed last December (shocks) + brakes & water pump.
It's CDNC engine code so I am assuming Chain Driven as well but is it custom to change the chain @115k miles I thought that they should last a bit longer. I said to him that would probably take it :) Had a test drive drives like small rocket.

My car has 167k on and don't think chain has ever been changed lol

Timing belt for most B8.5 TDI 2012+ models is every 140k miles or 5 years.

Seems like a really good price, but there are many other factors that play, e.g. does the car have service history? is it an accident repair? what spec does it have? Etc. When I was looking for mine on BCA, most of the AA inspection reports showed clutch problems with the B8's in that mileage range so that is one thing to watch out for.

Am I the only one who thinks that the price is a bit to good to be true!?

£5K for a '62 plate Quattro Black Edition.

I cannot find anything even close to that spec for that price, millage and year.

Have you run an HPI check on it, for £15 could save you a LOT of trouble in the future.

Am I the only one who thinks that the price is a bit to good to be true!?

£5K for a '62 plate Quattro Black Edition.

I cannot find anything even close to that spec for that price, millage and year.

Have you run an HPI check on it, for £15 could save you a LOT of trouble in the future.

SCRAP THAT!!!

If it's from your Boss and not some random stranger, then go for it, that's a VERY good price :)

Next time I will read posts thoroughly before commenting lol