Post remap...

Damo S

Reaction score
With the warranty finished I took the plunge (and the risks to go with it) and went to MRC for a remap.
Results: 394ps, 531nm (389bhp, 391lbs in numbers I understand).

Hardware:
Revo uprated intercooler
OEM intake mod
Turbo technics inlet pipe
Sachs clutch

A bit more than I thought it would make with completely stock exhaust side. This was with an ambient air temp of 25C as well! That intercooler seems to be doing the business.

Incidentally, the same hardware before the remap gave 305bhp, 291lbs so not much over stock given all that kit but still decent considering the 25C temps.

The car has transformed into a brute with buckets loads of pulling power in any gear. The drive has lost that refined feel and is more akin to turbo cars of old which I like. The Exhaust note sounds a lot deeper too. I'd better be very careful with it since the way it picks up speed is a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: THQuattro and AlS3BE
That’s pretty impressive figures for the mods.
Do you think you will get a huge amount more with exhaust side mods? Downpipe/cat?

Sounds pretty impressive that mate It was already easy to be getting up to speed beforehand and maybe a bit over, but imagine it's even easier now. Enjoy the "new" car as I'm sure it feels it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That’s pretty impressive figures for the mods.
Do you think you will get a huge amount more with exhaust side mods? Downpipe/cat?

Not a huge amount more no (maybe 420, 425?). I don't think its something I'll do since it would be quite a lot of money for what would probably be fairly marginal gains. Besides, I need to start putting away some money in case it melts a piston.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Sounds pretty impressive that mate It was already easy to be getting up to speed beforehand and maybe a bit over, but imagine it's even easier now. Enjoy the "new" car as I'm sure it feels it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It was quick before but now its fairly nuts, 6th pulls almost like 4th did previously. I dread to think what the gearbox thinks about all that extra torque

Reactions: Adam14
Great figures, you’ll probably get more gains but like about very marginal. These cars on almost stock parts with just a turbo can get to 500bhp.

Reactions: Damo S
Its nice to know that the drive train can handle 500bhp+ and Id guess similar torque figures. It would be good to know if anyone has that level of power on a manual since most S3s etc are auto's (as far as I know)

Reactions: MikeParkin
I’m hoping to go stage 3 at some point.

500 plus would be utterly ballistic, another level up again.

Reactions: MikeParkin
There was a lad a while ago that was and he said it was fine. @Damo S

Reactions: Damo S