Post Crash symptoms. Help please?

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hi

As the title suggests

Someone crashed into the left side of one of our family cars (Its a VW Golf MK7), but this is a generic problem that could affect any VAG car...

They crashed into the front passenger door

I replaced the door and swapped all the loom and motor over to the new door.

It was quite a bad impact, and possibly could affected the wiring? also it was bad enough to which deploy seat airbag,, seatbelts and roof airbag

My issue is as follows:

Front passenger door has absolutely no power going to it anymore
Rear passenger door locks still, but window no longer works (There was no damage on this door)

Does anyone have an idea what could have happened here, or what I could try

Fuse? Wiring? coding? etc

Thanks

Definitely check fuses as each door might have separate one and get vcds scan to see if all components respond.

Might be wrong here but it is possible that cpu has shut down passenger door control unit to prevent any further circuit damage? In that case, you would need vcds to activate it, anyway. This will also send info to cpu that, there was nothing happened and can continue to work as normal.

As to rear passenger doors window regulator, vcds will show you that also, if any problems detected.

Reactions: lakers1234
Definitely check fuses as each door might have separate one and get vcds scan to see if all components respond.

Might be wrong here but it is possible that cpu has shut down passenger door control unit to prevent any further circuit damage? In that case, you would need vcds to activate it, anyway. This will also send info to cpu that, there was nothing happened and can continue to work as normal.

As to rear passenger doors window regulator, vcds will show you that also, if any problems detected.

Hi buddy,

Thank you for your reply.

I had a feeling it would be the fuses!!! And guess what, it was!

Behind the Glove box, there was a green 30amp fuse that had blown. Put a new fuse in, and Wa La, all back to normal. It's crazy how something so
Simple can have such an affect.

This was the culprit (I've attached a pic)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: KrisKrk
Glad you’ve sorted it.

Don’t forget, it was my advice LOl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lakers1234
Now it work properl.?
Good luck.
Cheers.