Possible weak actuator????

mini-si

Reaction score
Right then guys car in question is me beautiful old girl 2001 AMK s3 (aka Alice) as I call her. Sad I know. Lol.

Any way. She is fully stage two bar a tubular manifold but only made 252bhp at r-tech. Nick at rtech said I have a weak actuator and she just won't hold boost past a certain rpm.
My boost gauge says I'm holding a steady 21psi???
It feels like a diesel turbo the way the boost comes in very lively then seems to hold back, well not hold back as such just doesn't pull as hard as nick told me it should be. I've had a smoke test, no leaks and changed the N75 valve which hasn't made a bit of difference.
Is it a pig of a job to change the actuator ? I feel like I loosing out on a good few ponies I could get back from changing the actuator. Is there a how to for this?
Sorry for waffling on.

Cheers in advance.

It's not difficult. I did this about 2 years ago before stage 2, helped so much and produced 281bhp on bills dyno. Get one from BBT. Mine was a 1bar actuator.

It's not difficult. I did this about 2 years ago before stage 2, helped so much and produced 281bhp on bills dyno. Get one from BBT. Mine was a 1bar actuator.
How did you go about changing mate?
Access looks a little tight.
What did you remove to get to it?
And tips or advice would be great.

Removed the turbo outlet pipe and all pipes around it just so I didn't damage anything. Removed the strut brace for extra room and that's it really. Unbolt the actuaror, pop the new one on, and set the preload

Cool, thanks for the advice.
Just checked BBT and they don't seem to have any 15psi actuators in stock. Have messages him so will wait for his reply.
Cheers gops