1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Possible S6 upgrade.......!!!!!

Buxton2901 Feb 22, 2021 at 3:28 PM

1. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Registered User

DonkeyIce likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Wombatwilson

Wombatwilson Registered User

Looks to be too cheap doesn't it? Even with 64k on the clock?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

4. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Registered User

Looks about right price wise, non black edition fetch less money and the high mileage.
    I was offered 31k trade in with mine on 28k miles.

Just check the service schedule on it and probably should be time for it’s it’s second s-Tronic oil change too

If you can afford you won’t regret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

I'm in the same boat as you, been monitoring what's out there for a couple of months now.

This was originally up at £28,750 beginning of Feb but they've recently reduced it. I'm after sunroof as well, but would prefer the Black Edition.

Have a test drive ;-)

6. beemerboy9

beemerboy9 Registered User

Audi will happily sell you an Approved Use Car with 64k on the clock if it has FASH.

Wombatwilson likes this.
  7. Buxton2901

Does anyone know why the S6 has an stronic box and the rs6 gets the 8 speed zf box as does the Bitdi?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

8. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

Good question, absolutely no idea. You'd think they would have standardised on this, maybe they had a job lot to use up.

TBH - The gearbox doesn't bother me anymore, my bigger concern is the oil strainer issues. But... It's not stopping me looking at an S6, I'm pretty sure I'll be ending up with one soon'ish.

9. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

Looks like they have reduced the price of it again? Now at £26,750?

10. DonkeyIce

Possibly cost, the S6 is less torque so could get away with the (I think) in house s-Tronic vs buying in the ZF 8HP BOX

Oh just for information, it’s a mis conception the RS has the same box as the Bitdi, yes they’re both ZF 8 HP boxes but ZF do 3 power levels of that box, the RS gets the higher one while the Bitdi gets the mid level one. I work with some engineers at ZF power train and had to ask

RAF_S7 and rjwojcik like this.
  11. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Registered User

If you're really interested in going for it then make some enquiries as to whether the turbo oil screens have been done. Its a common fault and can lead to expensive replacement turbos. The oil screen is peanuts in cost but its the labour cost that makes it an expensive job

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. beemerboy9

It is due to the torque limitation of the clutch pack in the DSG gearbox.

DonkeyIce likes this.
  14. Buxton2901

The Mrs is a step closer to biting on this S6 game. I need some nice pictures of a subtly modified S6 Avant so I can convince her. Any examples welcome please guys

DonkeyIce and rjwojcik like this.
  15. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

16. Buxton2901

Also the car I'm looking at is grey but looks black In all of the photos.
    Does anyone know what grey it will be?

Obviously not Daytona

17. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

PM me your email, I've got a couple of old Audi brochures I can send. Does the dealer know?

18. Buxton2901

It's a Mercedes dealer that is selling it so I highly doubt they know the colour but I have asked..

19. beemerboy9

I'll take a guess on Oolong Grey

20. Kapil B

Kapil B Registered User

Ive been looking for an S4 Avant for some time, but i then wandered into looking at the S6 Avant. I too have also seen this car..... :)

However, in the end I've decided to hold out for the S4, I'm not sure I have the balls or wallet for a V8 lol. But its a lovery motor and no doubt 6/10s of an RS6 without the costs and attention.

This car is cheap because its at Mercedes, they don't want it there plain and simple, clearly a trade in. It looks a bit rough around the edges, however nothing a pro detail couldn't sort out!

If your interested I would be quick or it they will just throw it though an auction and it will be with an independent dealer a week after for £30k ! I have seen this happen....

21. DonkeyIce

I wouldn’t let the Slighly lower power of the s6 fool
    you, costs arn’t much different to the RS in reality , it just doesn’t attract the “RS” tax at dealers

For me, fuel, tax and insurance would all be about the same, the advantage is it’s not an RS so doesn’t come with the same stigma and much less attractive to those that want them but don’t want to pay for them.
    Oh and S6 is 80% RS

22. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

This is the main reason I'd rather have the S6 instead of an RS6. It's so under the radar, de-badged and it looks like your standard A6. Well, apart from the exhaust tips.

DonkeyIce likes this.
  23. Buxton2901

I'm also slightly concerned about issues with an S6 too. Are there any common ones?
    As a I imagine most issues will be mega expensive.

Also what is the real world mpg in comparison to the 30 I get in my bitdi