Polishing Power Tool - Question

SamA3

Reaction score
Hi

Do all the polishing power tools that the pro's use spin full 360 or do they oscillate? Reason being I have a tool which oscillates used for removing seals on windows amongst other things and I was wondering if I could adapt it to take a polishing pad thanks.

The majority of the time we you will find that pro's use a rotary which spin 360, generate more heat and have a lower and higher working speed than a dual action which oscillates.

Depending on the type of paint being worked on a combination of rotary and da can be used, for example on softer paints on areas such as bumpers the da will be used as the plastic heats up far more quickly.

A dual action polisher oscillates, and a rotary just spins 360. DA is mainly for beginners cos there's less chance of damaging the paint. But tbh I think I'd rather look at buying a proper machine, they're not that expensive, rather than risk damaging anything.

A dual action polisher oscillates, and a rotary just spins 360. DA is mainly for beginners cos there's less chance of damaging the paint. But tbh I think I'd rather look at buying a proper machine, they're not that expensive, rather than risk damaging anything.

Exactly there are more rotaries coming onto the market that are affordable for those that are not using one day in day out, however as the majority have a starting rpm of around 1000 it can sometimes be too high for refining and in which case you can swap over to using a da to finish off