Polished Bliss: Summary of 6 Recent Details...

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Crazy busy lately, and not much time for written reports, so here is a brief summary of recent work instead (as usual, all work done by Clark, copied in here by me)...

---

Here are a few that have been done recently, first up was this absolute weapon of an Evo due in for a Protection Detail...

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Wheels were cleaned with Gloss-It Wheel Gel (4:1) then Tardis, followed by Meguiars Super Degreaser for the arches:

C10.jpg

C11.jpg

Meguiars APC was sprayed and then agitated to clean up all the shuts:

C5.jpg

This was followed by Eimann Fabrik Engine Degreaser for the engine and under the bonnet:

C7.jpg

Air filter covered to prevent water getting in:

C6.jpg

After pressure washing at 60oC degrees:

C8.jpg

C9.jpg

The car was then foamed, washed with the 2BM and then de-tarred with Tardis and put inside for claying. This took a while as the car was covered in contamination:

C12.jpg

C13.jpg

Gloss-It Aggressive Clay was used, including all the shuts:

Before:

C14.jpg

After:

C15.jpg

Werkstat Prime Strong was then applied with Gloss-It Green Polishing Pads @ Speed 5:

C16.jpg

This was then topped with 4 coats of Trigger, followed by a final wipe down of Acrylic Glos:

C17.jpg

Which then left this:

C18.jpg

C19.jpg

C20.jpg

C21.jpg

C22.jpg

C23.jpg

C24.jpg

C25.jpg

C26.jpg

C27.jpg

Next up was another Black Edition GTR which has just been added to the ever growing list of contract cars we look after, as you can see the owner had been out enjoying every minute of it:

C1-1.jpg

C2-1.jpg

The owner had been out to see us the week before and by the time he dropped it off 7 days later he'd already done all the running in mileage! The car has now already been re-mapped and had a full titanium exhaust fitted!

The paint condition on this one was pretty good as the dealership had been instructed not to wash it so only a minor correction was needed:

C3-1.jpg

Correction work carried out with Meguiars 205 and LSP was Blackfire Wet Diamond followed by Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax:

C4-1.jpg

C5-1.jpg

C6-1.jpg

C7-1.jpg

C8-1.jpg

C9-1.jpg

C10-1.jpg

C11-1.jpg

C12-1.jpg

Sods law ensured that it began to spit with rain as we rolled it outside but this did let Rich manage to capture some more "moody skies" shots with his Nikon, this following pic has been played about in Photoshop to get the final look, don’t ask me anything more than that though as I don’t have a clue what he did to achieve it!

C13-1.jpg

Car number 3 was this Audi R8, in for a Protection Detail:

C2-2.jpg

C1-2.jpg

C3-2.jpg

LSP for this one was Raceglaze 55 after the paint had been clayed and then cleansed with Raceglaze Pre Wax Cleanser:

C4-2.jpg

C5-2.jpg

C7-2.jpg

C8-2.jpg

C9-2.jpg

C10-2.jpg

C11-2.jpg

C12-2.jpg

C13-2.jpg

C15-1.jpg

This leads us onto another Audi, in for a 1 day Protection Detail after I'd corrected the paintwork last year. LSP for this was Raceglaze Pre Wax Cleanser followed by Zymol Vintage:

C10-3.jpg

C9-3.jpg

C8-3.jpg

C7-3.jpg

C6-3.jpg

C5-3.jpg

C4-3.jpg

C3-3.jpg

C2-3.jpg

C1-3.jpg

A 3 day major correction was needed for this next car, just afters I'm afraid. It appears I deleted all my correction shots before uploading them onto the computer, oops!

Just over 30 hours spent on this one, with Raceglaze 55 again used at LSP:

C9-4.jpg

C11-3.jpg

C10-4.jpg

C12-3.jpg

C2-4.jpg

C1-4.jpg

C3-4.jpg

C4-4.jpg

C6-4.jpg

C5-4.jpg

And here's another one played about with in Photoshop by Rich (he's done loads recently for the new website):

C8-4.jpg

Aaaaaaand last but not least was this Focus RS in Attention seeker green (or Ultimate Green if you insist on the real name for it!

Another Protection Detail for this one:

C1-5.jpg

Product reside from the dealers:

C2-5.jpg

C3-5.jpg

Wheels were cleaned with Gloss-It Wheel Gel (4:1) and the various brushes:

C4-5.jpg

C5-5.jpg

The owner had been unlucky and got caught out on a newly tarred road so there was quite alot of spots all over the car and in the spokes/inner rims:

C6-5.jpg

Tardis soon solved that:

C7-5.jpg

Meguiars Super Degreaser for the arches:

C8-5.jpg

C9-5.jpg

All the exterior trim and badges etc were then cleaned with a new product currently under testing:

C10-5.jpg

C11-4.jpg

The car was then washed with the 2BM and Shampoo Plus:

C12-4.jpg

Tardis was brought out again to remove the remaining tar spots:

C13-3.jpg

With the car now inside ready for claying I used Meguiars Mild to remove the contamination. There wasn’t as much as I've seen on some RS's but still enough to warrant a good 1.5 hours of claying time:

C14-2.jpg

After I'd dried the car off with the Black Baron it was LSP time, product of choice was...

C15-2.jpg

This was machined into the paintwork with a Gloss-It Finishing Pad @ speed 5:

C16-1.jpg

This is how it should look once fully worked in:

C17-1.jpg

Whilst this was left to cure for an hour or so all the usual bits and pieces were done such as Blackfire Metal Sealant on the wheels and tailpipes (tailpipes were initially polished with Brilliant Show Metal Polish), Gloss-It Tyre Dressing for the tyres, Werkstat System for the Glass, full interior and Engine detail etc etc.

A final wipe down with Gloss-It Gloss Enhancing QD left us with this:

C19-1.jpg

C20-1.jpg

C21-1.jpg

C22-1.jpg

C23-1.jpg

C24-1.jpg

C25-1.jpg

C26-1.jpg

C27-1.jpg

And one last arty pic from Rich:

C28.jpg

Thanks for looking as always!

Clark

Nice to see you boys still cleanin the old bangers then! :laugh: To be honest, on DW Clark would still get 100,000 views doing a micra, he really is the detailing celebo. Clark + Rich = win :wub:, keep up the good work and photos guys :happy:

Cheers chaps, very kind words indeed! Keep your eyes peeled in 4-6 weeks time - our new site launches, along with our first HD video write up of a 110 hour Ne Plus Ultra detail... :icon_thumright:

always impressed to see the work you have done, very nice!!!

Unbelievable! When did you say you were moving your branch to Cardiff :p