Please help problem with Audi a3

rmstu

Reaction score
I'm really hoping someone can help me with a problem that has just occurred with my car.
car is a 2005 audi a3 2.0t.
i was driving along and all of a sudden the traction light came on and as did the abs, the brakes were none existent and my brake pedal travel was all the way to the floor to get what little braking I had left, also the car has devolved a grinding noise and from what I can see there is excessive wear on my passenger side brake disk, the grind is constant but does seem to get worse if change direction.

if anyone could help me out I'd be very helpful before I have to go to Audi stealers.

Thanks Stu

Regarding "traction light came on and as did the abs, the brakes were none existent and my brake pedal travel was all the way to the floor to get what little braking I had left"

Sounds like you may have blown a valve along the break line. This can happen and basically it means your break fluid comes out of the system. Have a look around your wheels to see if you can see break fluid on any. Also check your break fluid level. This has happened me before exact same symptoms. The cost to get this fixed is relatively cheap as you just need a new valve and some new brake fluid to replace whats gone. If its clear this is the problem I recommend not going near audi a local garage could fix this for half the price.

Regarding the grinding noise I'm not sure. Obviously sounds like your pads are worn but this would have no link to what I discussed previously.

If in doubt best to fork out and let the experts have a look.

Reactions: rmstu