Playing videos on MMI

Nath.S4

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if it's possible to play videos from iPhone/iPad (YouTube, Netflix, catch up tv etc) on the mmi.

I don't want to watch while driving before I get accused haha, the reason is I occasionally have to sit and wait for a while in between jobs and when picking the Mrs up. Would be nice to watch direct on mmi. I know I can play DVDs but who still has dvds haha I want to watch from apple device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Works from SD card, watched the inbetweeners movie on Saturday while the missus "just nipped into town"
Not sure from iPhone/iPod not tried it!

If the phone storage is used you can possibly play videos as you would from a sd card, but the phone itself cannot mirror.

Reactions: Joetidman
I never got that to work in my S3 cuke, do you mind trying it out an reporting back?

Sorry but I haven't an apple product to try and I only said possibly if the phone was seen as external storage as a sd or a usb drive it..

Ok no worries if it can't be done it can't be done :( would of just been nice to watch my YouTube etc whilst I'm waiting on people :(

Just been out to have a look, with my 160Gb iPod plugged in, no video's can be seen, it is an 'older' iPod so might have a bearing but I do have some movies loaded for when I'm sitting on a plane etc.
When plugging in the iPhone it just enables Car Play, so don't get the the change to view video's on that.

Reactions: Nath.S4
Yer maybe someone will come up with a way of mirroring a screen in time :)

Ok no worries if it can't be done it can't be done :( would of just been nice to watch my YouTube etc whilst I'm waiting on people :(

Can use the connection for audio when watching through your phone though. Or iPad I think. At least it beefs up the viewing experience a little haha.

Reactions: Nath.S4
Hi. I have an a3 8v 2014. I’ve bought a video mmi interface lead but this is what I’m getting (flickering screen) any ideas? Ps, I’ve tried 2 wires but getting same result

Attachments

• A61BE99A-DDDB-43ED-8233-B91D60200A5D.jpeg
    A61BE99A-DDDB-43ED-8233-B91D60200A5D.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 830