Pics of tinted windows wanted

dgannon69

Reaction score
Right i've got mine booked in next week for some tints. currently i've decided to have the back blacked out and the front are going to be done 35%...

Does anyone have any pictures of what i'm thinking of having done and possibly and recommendations with pictures of what other shades to have?

Regards

Dave

Hey there mate, I got my tints done a year back and it was 35%front and 45-55% rear. It's the toughened glass so it's hard to break from the outside, and it has a slight magnesium effect which looks nice in the sun and makes the car darker than it is by reflecting most of the light but in normal weather it looks normal and not too dark at all. Hope it helps

Tint.jpg

Tint1.jpg

I recently got pulled for having 38% tints - Dammit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

@ danej

Did you have to remove the front tints?

I've had medium smoke tints all round for over 2 years and have never been stopped.

The new law states that you can not have any window tint on the front side windows. So just be carefull as you could be made to have it removed.

ok thanks for the pics guys. after having recent talks with the window tinter i think i'm going for 35% all round...

Markb he mentioned about not been able to have them in the front so i guess i'll take the risk..

Cheers

Dave

Don't do it!!

I had medium tints all round and got pulled by VOSA made to take them off within 10 days. Believe me you will be well p*ssed off if you pay for them and this happens.

You may be lucky like ImolaS3 but then again you may not....

Why would you want tints anyway. I think titnts are for cars your embarrased to be seen in, or for real ugly people!

yeah i had to remove em! but the local police are so petty around her, they have nothing better to do!

well the reason is neither of them! my dad had his jag done and i really like the look of it hence why its been done...

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i had to remove em! but the local police are so petty around her, they have nothing better to do!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutted for you.

I've got mine done, but I hoping I get away with it. Although if I do go somewhere, where cops are likely to be I drive with the front 2 windows down.

Mark.

Police in London are generally cool about tints, I had my old 1.8 which had 55% black tints on the front and 75%-100% rear. Never got asked once, even though they were illegal. Yet my bro gets hassled up in Birmingham (even though he then legal) cause they're PETTY and got nothing better to do. I know this is going off the topic but, Honestly the police sometimes really wind me up when they would rather spend 8 and half hours booking someone in for the smallest offence, rather than going after murderers, robbers etc..

are they your seats for sale mark? i was just interested. forgot to check them to see what they were at though...

pimp tints ..................

just think if you get pulled and remove the front tints then you look like you are diving a van laff!

[ QUOTE ]
are they your seats for sale mark? i was just interested. forgot to check them to see what they were at though...

[/ QUOTE ]

No mate.

Just saw you were bidding on them.

They're up to silly money (£1019)

[ QUOTE ]
Yet my bro gets hassled up in Birmingham (even though he then legal) cause they're PETTY and got nothing better to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No...it's because it's illegal.

Just like no front number plate...
Or no side repeaters...
Or no cat...

In my opinion, anyone caught should get charged...the rules shouldn't apply to some and not others...

If you speed and get caught...you get done.
If you have overly tinted windows and get caught...you get done.
Same with no number plate or side repeaters or cat...

Just because fashion is stupid...doesn't mean you shouldn't get done.
The more the merrier, I say.

And pimp tints look stupid...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yet my bro gets hassled up in Birmingham (even though he then legal) cause they're PETTY and got nothing better to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No...it's because it's illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a few years back, before these rules came into play.

i accept criticism but why the hell is having tints such a bad thing?? i understand about crime etc etc but so long as you have your number plates on the car they no who you are so whats the problem?

They do have valid issues such as visability from the front windows, which makes sense, but I believe they were good at having 35% front, they're goin a bit too much with no tints at all. Plus the majority of cops seem to be nice enough to me to never complain about it, they actually like the car and start askin questions

Driving over the speed limit it illegal... but we all do it... we take the risk.

a3_cold.jpg

moderate tint - really nice in the summer

[ QUOTE ]
Driving over the speed limit it illegal... but we all do it... we take the risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is...
As is having tinted front windows...you take the risk...just don't whine when plod makes people remove it!!

I run the same risk with my number plates...

[ QUOTE ]
I may have a slightly ammended 'B'...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol,

a 'B' slightly ammended to a '9' perhaps?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I may have a slightly ammended 'B'...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol,

a 'B' slightly ammended to a '9' perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Slightly off topic,
I had YOI 313 on my first red 911, squeezed up to look like YOBB.

The police loved that one and i got pulled 5 times in a week.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but you do it as an when where as pimp tints are there always /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
They do have valid issues such as visability from the front windows, which makes sense, but I believe they were good at having 35% front, they're goin a bit too much with no tints at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

However is wearing sunglasses ever an issue?

I remember this being the issue with helmets and dark visors while on the other hand
wearing sunglasses inside the helmet was not...

[ QUOTE ]

However is wearing sunglasses ever an issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly...but you can take them off when it gets dark, or hammers down with rain.
You can't remove pimp tints in the same way...now can you?

[ QUOTE ]

I remember this being the issue with helmets and dark visors while on the other hand
wearing sunglasses inside the helmet was not...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a tinted visor...that too was legal...a light tint. A bit like car windows really....
Same applies to sunglasses under your helmet...take them off.
You can't just take a black visor off...

darnich very nice.... i think this is what i'm going to have... pics will follow monday afternooon after its been done.. have a good weekend all

Dave