Pics of a Shiraz Red A3 8V?

I

Ignition1

Anyone have any pics of an A3 8V S-Line in Shiraz Red? Had a quick Google but found a mixture of 8P S-Line or 8V Sport - plus I prefer user-taken photos over marketing or professional shots.

I really like the colour and was wondering how it would've looked on my A3...

Look in the 8v pic thread there may be one in there

Reactions: Ignition1
Glad you found one ;)

I almost went for Shiraz red, I've seen an A1 around Harrogate in one and it does look smart, although a little grandad for me.
They dropped it after the new year along with Scuba Blue so it certainly is a rare choice now.

Have a look on autotrader- there's a 8v SLine sportback in Shiraz for sale. I went to look at it but wasn't convinced it wasn't ex-rental rather than employee (of Hertz). It's for sale at Hertz in Lancaster.
(It's on SE suspension)

I almost went for Shiraz red, I've seen an A1 around Harrogate in one and it does look smart, although a little grandad for me.
They dropped it after the new year along with Scuba Blue so it certainly is a rare choice now.

Shiraz Red still shows as an option on the Audi configurator in the UK - at least for the A3 - even still it seems rare.

It looks a bit granddad in overcast light but in the sun I think it looks brilliant - photos don't do it justice. Buyer's remorse :(

Amalfi White has grown on me a bit but, as one forum member said (and the quote is stuck in my mind) - it looks nicotine-stained!

Shiraz Red still shows as an option on the Audi configurator in the UK - at least for the A3 - even still it seems rare.

It looks a bit granddad in overcast light but in the sun I think it looks brilliant - photos don't do it justice. Buyer's remorse :(

Amalfi White has grown on me a bit but, as one forum member said (and the quote is stuck in my mind) - it looks nicotine-stained!

Yes sorry I was talking about the S3. Both Shiraz and Scuba have been dropped. The issue is with shiraz was I saw it in the flesh in the showroom when I was about to order my car, loved it, but then saw dark red mica..... even better.

Shiraz
1aa88cd089a3608eefebc52466205e14.jpg

Mica
3875b4d71fd18777ef933da127dee3a1.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, daydotz and Ignition1
Ok yeah I see what you mean - Mica is jaw dropping. Just a shame it's over £2,000...! Needs to be one of standard Pearl offerings I think.

Reactions: naughts4187
As you can see from my avatar, i went shiraz when I ordered. It is definitely one of the rarer colours. I'm not sure on the grandad comments though - personally I think that's reserved for the greys etc - boring and corporate (fine if you need to however).

If you want some "semi amateur" shots, have a look on DMC website, nick detailed my car shortly after I purchased it and it looked stunning (its just keeping it that way thats the issue!).

I agree that Mica red is stunning - Not sure why Audi never offers any colours like this as a standard or "cheap i.e. £600 option instead of the same boring blue/grey/black selections...

Reactions: Ignition1
As you can see from my avatar, i went shiraz when I ordered. It is definitely one of the rarer colours. I'm not sure on the grandad comments though - personally I think that's reserved for the greys etc - boring and corporate (fine if you need to however).

If you want some "semi amateur" shots, have a look on DMC website, nick detailed my car shortly after I purchased it and it looked stunning (its just keeping it that way thats the issue!).

I agree that Mica red is stunning - Not sure why Audi never offers any colours like this as a standard or "cheap i.e. £600 option instead of the same boring blue/grey/black selections...

I had a look at the DMC site and I retract my granddad comments - I think Shiraz really stands out as a unique A3 colour.

Grey...I don't feel it's common on the A3. When I'm out and about I see mostly white, black or blue A3/S3's. For some reason I don't see many greys or reds at all. The only Shiraz I've ever seen is in a showroom! Same for Beluga Brown.

Definitely would've got Shiraz in hindsight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen one beluga brown around... looks ok, more of an orange brown in my opinon. There are several of us on here with Shiraz red, but its definitely out here on the roads. There's 2-3 others in the local areas to me which have the colour. I do prefer the mica red though, or the black cherry that some others on here ordered as an exclusive.. so subtle and yet beautiful when the sun hits them.

The joys of preference. Go for what makes you happy. Then it's smiles all round.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The Audi Mica paints are awesome, nearly purchased a Racing Mica Blue S3 in February the car was £44k bit too much dosh for my first Audi,definitely going exclusive Mica next time around.

The Audi Mica paints are awesome, nearly purchased a Racing Mica Blue S3 in February the car was £44k bit too much dosh for my first Audi,definitely going exclusive Mica next time around.
Agree. After my exclusive disaster with cherry black, I could have gone mica. However I don't entirely love the S3 so I would want to have a car I want to keep long term in the right colour.

Agree. After my exclusive disaster with cherry black, I could have gone mica. However I don't entirely love the S3 so I would want to have a car I want to keep long term in the right colour.