Phone Pairing - Keep having to do it

AndrewMD

Reaction score
About every 4 or 5 times I get in the car, I get a pairing request to pair my phone. It happens randomly and it means unlocking my phone clicking on the code and them OK'ing messages. Is this normal? I thought once paired it should stay paired everytime you get in the car?

Mine does the same. For the record I'm using a Sony Z5C phone.

Had mine for 8 weeks now and only paired my iPhone 6 once- connects perfectly every time. Having said that I generally plug into CarPlay so very rarely rely on the Bluetooth.

My s6 edge + Has been fine since say one of collection no issues at all. Was also perfect with my a3 with a note 3 aswell

My research has suggested that Sony has problems with other cars. There is supposed to be a new software update to fix bluetooth problems for the Z5 series coming to the UK soon.

Reactions: AndrewMD
Some phones have an option you need to select when doing the pairing - something along the lines of "don't ask again" (If you want to pair) or "Authorise/always connect automatically" You need to look in the bluetooth menu on the phone as the wording differs by manufacturer.

Reactions: AndrewMD
My HTC android phone paired once and no problems thereafter. This is with a B8 so might not be relevant to you.

I've only had to pair my iPhone 6s with my car once

Paired my iPhone once and been fine since. Even pairs mid conversation if I walk to the car and start up.

Had mine for 8 weeks now and only paired my iPhone 6 once- connects perfectly every time. Having said that I generally plug into CarPlay so very rarely rely on the Bluetooth.

So after saying the above a few weeks back, my phones connection to the MMI this past week has been AWFUL! I turned my phone completely off last weekend for the first time in forever (at a wedding!) and since turning back on its just not playing ball. Bluetooth disconnects constantly, CarPlay only connects about 25% of the time, and when it does Music just shows a completely black screen, and Spotify plays at twice the speed.

Have reset the connectivity and CarPlay to factory settings, turned the phone on and off again, Spotify to offline mode etc etc- nothing works!

The demonstrator I borrowed also did this with my Nexus 6P. Must have paired it at least a dozen times in the first few hours. It seemed to settle down after that tho and behaved.

I suspect it's a Bluetooth software glitch with the car as it's fine on my A3.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sony issued a software update for the Z5C and since then its been no problem.

So after saying the above a few weeks back, my phones connection to the MMI this past week has been AWFUL! I turned my phone completely off last weekend for the first time in forever (at a wedding!) and since turning back on its just not playing ball. Bluetooth disconnects constantly, CarPlay only connects about 25% of the time, and when it does Music just shows a completely black screen, and Spotify plays at twice the speed.

Have reset the connectivity and CarPlay to factory settings, turned the phone on and off again, Spotify to offline mode etc etc- nothing works!

As if by magic it worked fine today! Sometimes technology really is baffling! And by baffling, I mean frustratingly unreliable! Ha