Perthshire to Liverpool tomorrow (Saturday)

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm supposed to be going to Liverpool tomorrow.
I have train tickets from Edinburgh to Liverpool.
Now thinking that public transport could be chaos (?) and therefore considering driving.
Assuming I can clear 2 - 3 feet of snow off the driveway this afternoon and negotiate the back road, I think I can make it.
I'll be travelling M90 - M8 - M74 - M6 (not sure if I'd be better turning off at M58 or M62 for Liverpool.
Any feedback on current conditions / public transport along the route or what is expected in your area would be gratefully received.
I've checked all the traffic cams and reports but you can't beat people on the ground providing accurate up to date details.

@Raiden @lucaslfc

Reactions: lucaslfc
You pickin your time to drive down aint ya audiB mukka haha. Providing the snow condtions aint bad on route from your end you should be fine no snow an motorways seem fine in northwest tbh

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Sorry mate don't know. I'm a Londoner living in Hertfordshire that supports a team up north :salute:

Yeah it's still bad here. Dug about 50m3 of snow from driveway earlier!!
It's snowed a few times since though.
It looks like from M8 down it should be ok unless it takes another turn for the worse.

It looks like from M8 down it should be ok unless it takes another turn for the worse.
Drive carefully :) x

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ghost

Sick of the sight of the stuff now mate eh!
My car hasn’t moved since Wed, apart from moving it further down drive last night to avoid the huge amount of snow ready to fall of the house roof!

Safe travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Raiden and Ghost
Whoop woop another 3 points. Salah on fire still!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: lucaslfc, Ghost and Audi Bairn
how did you get on with the drive mate, all good?
Well.........
I am sitting at home unscathed, but.........
The reason for that is that the trip was cancelled!
Long story, but my mate p****d me about last minute.
Not happy.

WHAT!!!! Liverpool tickets are like rocking horse poop and he bailed!!!!!

Used to get tickets off my neighbour but I think the mrs gave him the hump so not had any for a couple seasons

WHAT!!!! Liverpool tickets are like rocking horse poop and he bailed!!!!!

Used to get tickets off my neighbour but I think the mrs gave him the hump so not had any for a couple seasons
You'll understand why I was raging as they were hospitality tickets, including 3 course meal, meet ex-player, match day programme, entry to museum etc. £234 each

You'll understand why I was raging as they were hospitality tickets, including 3 course meal, meet ex-player, match day programme, entry to museum etc. £234 each
Ouch. I can understand you being ****** off. I’m guessing he be an x mate.

Reactions: Ghost and Audi Bairn
Well unless someone is dead YOU GO!!!

Last time I went was when we played Man U. My neighbours wife made him go to some family do so I had em

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ouch!

But I’d of ditched the family and shovelling snow and came with you!

Reactions: Ghost, Audi Bairn and Raiden
S**t mate sorry hear that bro.
No few people for tickets so not to difficult getting match tickets. Went the westham game the other weekend and had turn down porto one for weds as am working :( 60quid aswel.

Ouch. I can understand you being ****** off. I’m guessing he be an x mate.

I'll forgive eventually Sandra. He has a new woman in his life and I suspect she may have been a factor.

Ouch!

But I’d of ditched the family and shovelling snow and came with you!

If I'd have been able to get someone to go at short notice I would have Barry but still not sure why he was so reluctant to ditch the train idea which clearly weren't going to be running, and go by car especially when it was my car and I was doing all the driving!

Reactions: Ghost and BarryG79
S**t mate sorry hear that bro.
No few people for tickets so not to difficult getting match tickets. Went the westham game the other weekend and had turn down porto one for weds as am working :( 60quid aswel.

Handy you know people as they're impossible to get unless your a season ticket holder or have a Liverpool postcode for the ballot. Hence the reason we splash out and go for hospitality to guarantee a ticket. Decided the next time, me and Mrs Bairn are going for a long weekend and including a game (although she hates football and just won't "get it").

Reactions: Ghost, Sandra and BarryG79
I'll forgive eventually Sandra. He has a new woman in his life and I suspect she may have been a factor.
New woman will have been the deciding factor. There are some things that are more important than football, lol. I typed this post and deleted a few times, I had to set a good example with my choice of words.

Reactions: Ghost, BarryG79, lucaslfc and 1 other person
Handy you know people as they're impossible to get unless your a season ticket holder or have a Liverpool postcode for the ballot. Hence the reason we splash out and go for hospitality to guarantee a ticket. Decided the next time, me and Mrs Bairn are going for a long weekend and including a game (although she hates football and just won't "get it").

i might be able to hook you up matey, drop us pm on what home match you could make next and i will see what i can do :)

Reactions: Ghost
She will enjoy the long weekend though. Some small sacrifices of watching football for 90 minutes be worth it for the shopping be well worth it. :) x

Reactions: Ghost and Audi Bairn
New woman will have been the deciding factor. There are some things that are more important than football, lol. I typed this post and deleted a few times, I had to set a good example with my choice of words.

When I went to that Man U game my wife said you can go but only if I come. She wanted to see what the big deal was about with Liverpool v United. She enjoyed the banter

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Ghost and Sandra
When I went to that Man U game my wife said you can go but only if I come. She wanted to see what the big deal was about with Liverpool v United. She enjoyed the banter

Well Nathan, she needs to join our fantasy football league and join me. Together we will beat all you guys, lol. :) x

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Ghost and Raiden
i might be able to hook you up matey, drop us pm on what home match you could make next and i will see what i can do :)
That's extremely kind of you bud, I appreciate that :friends:

I'll let you know next time we're planning on going.

Reactions: lucaslfc and Sandra
She will enjoy the long weekend though. Some small sacrifices of watching football for 90 minutes be worth it for the shopping be well worth it. :) x
Agreed Sandra. Plenty of other things to see down there too.

Reactions: Sandra