Pedestrian access

wilsons3

Reaction score
Good evening chaps looking for a little bit of info with regards to property access, Moved into a new house with a 'shared' drive which basically entitles me to access only to my property and no parking, it is what it is and I have to live with that however for the past 2/3 weeks the 'neighbour' is having a lot of renovation work done and the drive is blocked with vans.

It has reduced my 'access' to squeezing sideways against the van and the wall to get out of the drive and makes it a nightmare for coming home with shopping, since day one I've had issues with my neighbour not allowing access while i was moving in/delivery of my sofa.

Hopefully somebody has the answer to my question and its not just grin and bare it things.

If you have pedestrian access to the drive and she is blocking it then she is breaking the contract. If it's in a solicitors letter or through a letting agent then tell either one and deal with it that way. I'm sure she would do the same if you blocked the drive so she can't access is. She's legally can not block your pedestrian access so go down the legal route if talking to her doesn't work.

Reactions: wilsons3
Block her access!!

But seriously, if talking to her doesnt help, look further into it from a legal perspective, initally have a quick chat with the Citizens Advise Bureau as it doesnt cost anything, then go from there.

Reactions: wilsons3