Pdf, cleaning, washing ???

Ben lloyd

Reaction score
hello guys I think I'm having problems with my PDF. Now I've read loads of different things like remove, wash them out, clean them, could any shed any light on the PDFs cleaning
I drive a a4 2.0 tdi b7

Thanks for the advice mate didn't think washing them out was a good idea lol, would come to you but it would be a lengthy drive as I'm in ipswich suffolk

always the case fella. ive seen many wash them out which is crazy' running a cleaner through be carefull what you choose too. if you planning on keeping the car id personally remove with a EGR delete and so on

Yeah I've heard about this egr delete what's that all about if you don't mind me asking. Excuse my ignorance lol

its just blanking the EGR off so you dont get the hot exhaust gasses back into the engine' you need it mapped out whilst you on to. you want more cold air as you can so its always worth doing especially when they often carbon up and start causing problems and so on

Does blanking off the egr means it takes the car longer to warm up from a cold start?
Are there any BHP gains deleting this?
I was thinking of doing this mod along with DPF removal on my 3.0tdi, it already has a bluefin remap, would this be a problem?
How much would you charge to undertake the work?
Sorry for all the questions....

If I have to pay for another re-map I'll leave it then.
It's not like I'm short of horses under the bonnet