passeneger side mirror only moves one way

Stride

Reaction score
Howdy.
My passenger side mirror isnt working properly, it moves up and down, but won't move left or right. Its seems as if there is some kind of connection issue going on in there. Anyone got ay advice before i start tearing the thing apart?:blink: Also, my battery is flat this morning. I was working on the car last night in the garage, never left anything on but did have the stereo playing, but not for very long. Would this have drained the battery? I must admit tthat I would be surprised if it did. Although I did turn the ignition on and off a few times and I did notice that the watercoolnig pump for the turbo was going but it shuts itself off after aboput 5 mins so I think. Any thoughts?:uhm:

Well sounds like possibly a new battery maybe in order at some stage if the radio was only on for very short period, check voltage, take car to halfords ask them to stick proper tester on but of course remove the terminals so no car connected, check battery for levels depending on type of course

Is the drivers mirror the same, left/right not working, could be door mirror switch tbh, as its position based & uses small pcb, might be an idea to take the dial/switch out & take apart & give little clean as sometimes the grease they use in the switch can cause an issue, not very often but not unknown, also check the mirror wires for any corrosion in the mirror motor itself, clean up if so & should be fine, stick meter on the wires to the motor & see if when moving left right that you get anything on wires, need 2 people possibly

Number things to check 1st before moving to parts/loom issues, I would say its an easy fix tbh, not often these come up as issues, fairly reliable overall

watercooling pump wouldnt drain battery unless battery was truly that fecked fella, doubtful

true would determine if any power aswell, I knew JoJo did more than jokes, lol, guess motor could of stuck, try moving the mirror side to side with hand then see of it moves with electric switch

Thanks for the tips. The mirror does move by hand and the motor is working as i can hear it. The switch must be ok because the other mirror works fine in both directions. anyway I will investigate firther.

Take miror cap of & watch it as you try to move left right, maybe the grooves have worn on the left/right bracket on the part so its slipping each time, get torch in there with cap of & I should think you'll figure issue if the motor is making noises

Good call JoJo