Passat washer jets retro fit help

ruairi83

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they have Passat washer jets retro fitted to their b7.
i thought I seen on a thread that thy fitted. I bought a new set drl
be but was wondering if there was a guide as check forum to no avail.

cheers

I've fitted them to mine, they work etc, but I haven't been able to secure the 'properly' because they are slightly too small for the aperture.

I used some silicone to secure them in place, but it's not ideal...

Everyone of us that has fitted them has come up with their own way of securing them given they are fractionally smaller than the standard ones. Great mod, though; cheap, simple and very effective.

Nice one. I ordered them but got ones without the wee black motor part. They mustve ordered me non heated one. Will return for heated ones asap
Thanks

Nice one. I ordered them but got ones without the wee black motor part. They mustve ordered me non heated one. Will return for heated ones asap
Thanks

This happened to me the first time too!

With regards to securing them in place, I used a 2 part putty which hardens when mixed together and smoothed it over with my fingers to the curvature of the washer jets. They hold extremely well except as the hardener and solution is black and white, the result is it dries into a grey colour. I then went over it with a black paint pen marker to blend them in with the washers. It is now as inconspicuous as can be.

Azeem

This happened to me the first time too!

With regards to securing them in place, I used a 2 part putty which hardens when mixed together and smoothed it over with my fingers to the curvature of the washer jets. They hold extremely well except as the hardener and solution is black and white, the result is it dries into a grey colour. I then went over it with a black paint pen marker to blend them in with the washers. It is now as inconspicuous as can be.

Azeem

Thanks Azeem. Sounds good will gice it ago.

5M0955986 - Heated washer jet - £25 each.

I have the non heated here and they where £17 for the pair fromVW.

Is £25 each right for the heated ones or am i being taken for mug by my vw as am return non heated for heated.???