Parking ticket clip

88rsr

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know if there is an option on these to have a parking ticket clip, I had an Octavia before which had one (and seen it on plenty of Skodas in my line of work)
If not I might see if there's a way to retrofit a Skoda one, or has anyone used one of those that come up on ebay with the double sided tape? I just dont fancy a visible square from the sticky pad on the screen from the outside or inside.

I'll do it one way or another as they're kinda useful lol, just wondered if anyone else had done anything?

Cheers
bb6b7313b4b9ac12c4a4a6aa2a25ac6f.jpg

Reactions: Bishop187
I have got a pack from ebay like you describe, and managed to hide one on the top of the screen with the square tucked out of view, but it is tinted on the top and I worry I would get a ticket if it isn't immediately visible.
They definitely show the square when put in the same position as your screen shot so I never put another one up for the same reason

Cheers, yeah I pulled the a pillar trim off and like a lot of the newer VAG stuff they have a really narrow black band around the screen.
There is some room on the a pillar itself though and I ordered a pair of the sticky pad ones for less than 2 quid so gonna see how one reacts to some heat gun treatment and see if I can put some sort of bend in it lol. If it fails its no big loss.
Just one of those minor things that was kinda useful.

In respect of the parking ticket clip, I have looked into this and noted down "
01) Skoda parking ticket holder for windscreen either 1ST 867 159, 3C0 867 159, 1U0 867 159, 1Z0 867 159, 6Y0 867 159, + N105 168 01 retainer/screw grommet + N104 420 03 screw self tapper 5 X 16mm + AIRBAG badge 3C0 853 437C Y20 or alternative"

The airbag badge I think is needed to replace the now destroyed one from taking the trim off.

So far, I have not moved on this, might order in one and just tuck it under the trim on my cars without screwing it into anything.

The airbag badge shouldnt get wrecked? Unless you already did that lol.
The clips that hold the a pillar trim on further down though are rediculously strong I noticed, they seem to have like an extra tab on them or something to stop them coming out.

Yeah the one fitted on the Skodas is supposed to be fitted before the windscreen in fairness as the windscreen bond goes over the little tab that sits on the screen aperture. But I would imagine you could just make a little slice to the bond if its close to the inner edge. Also as you mention trying it without fixings the a pillar trim is pretty much what forces the clip to touch the screen anyway.

These cheapy ones have turned up for me so I'll probably have a look at the weekend. Failing that I might try one of the genuine ones.
I also thought about the one from a Peugeot Boxer as they are attached to the a pillar trim but its a bit chunkier than I'd like. Who would have thought it would be such a pain to add stuff that was never an option.

Reactions: Bishop187
Well looks like the cheapy option and a heat gun does the trick, it could be a little smarter but I do have another one spare if OCD gets the better of me

Included a pic of the clips that hold the a pillar trim on (as well as the T20 torx screw under the airbag badge) and why they're quite a pain to get out.

But yeah couple of quid and a bit of fiddling and a slightly burnt finger.
0365ea2737559ee51ca9daa67b307b91.jpg
87f41fcf717def7d81763fbe64ef2b6d.jpg
a6c22f37f5abc2b7cccb5e1894f88817.jpg
ba8f2625ac3589d67d0f129b261c2724.jpg
ff43899c2483ae9e24e5ee7623adc375.jpg

I have a pack of 4 or 5 on their way to me, really to just see if I could end up butchering/heat-bending them to work okay.

Good to know that it is possible to remove the "airbag" sign without destroying it, from what I had read without doing any of this some time ago, it sounded that wrecking that sign was always going to happen.

These sprung steel retainer clips are effective but nasty things, they do grip so do their job, but removing things becomes a nasty job.

Thanks for your comments!

Yeah just remember to prize the airbag logo from the bottom or top and not the sides as one side has a retaining tab so even when off it stays attached but otherwise not too much to worry about.

If you've got 5 coming you can toy with the shape a lot more without worrying as much I'd say.