1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking sensors problem

Dean123 May 16, 2018 at 10:09 PM

1. Dean123

Dean123 New Member

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has had problem with parking sensors mine jus stopped working no sound and no distance in mmi I've plugged car into vcds and no fault shows I also done the ticking test and all work I've tried connections on pdc module all looks normal with everything tight hope somebody knows thanks

2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

What version of VCDS are you using?

3. Dean123

Dean123 New Member

It's an obd eleven pro

4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

That could not be picking up all the fault codes, either that or some coding has changed on the car.

5. Dean123

Dean123 New Member

Would it be possible that the pdc module could be faulty

6. B5NUT

Could be, but I would want a better diagnostic software to confirm there are no fault codes.

7. Dean123

Dean123 New Member

What does this mean I can't find a fault code online like the thanks

Attached Files:

8. Dean123

Dean123 New Member

Is this just a sensor gone

9. B5NUT

No idea on that fault code, does not look like a normal error code generated by VW/Audi ECU's, it usually starts with P followed by a number (Like these http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/audi/audi.dtc.table.htm). I can only suggest finding someone with VCDS or ODIS, as if a sensor has failed then it will tell you which sensor is faulty.

10. Dean123

Dean123 New Member

Ok thanks for your help

11. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

if you activate the parking sensors then touch each one with your finger lightly you can feel them vibrate slightly when functioning

12. Dean123

Dean123 New Member

I did an they all seem to be working

13. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

Ah missed the tickling test.