Parking Brake audible?

Cloud Guy

Reaction score
Hi All, Had the car since the 3rd and only covered 250miles as I got a man cold soon after..typical!

For those already enjoying their cars I wanted to ask a question please. Should the electronic handbrake be audible when you flick the switch to manually engage and manually disengage? Mine is but wondered if it should be. The only description i could give is that its like an electronic hydraulic sound audible inside and outside the vehicle. Or does it need to bed in before it goes silent?

Thanks in advance for any help and apologies if this has been asked once already.

Thank you Veeeight.

I hadn't test driven the 8v but had enjoyed my 8p so much that I was happy to order blind as it were. Cracking car and love the pick up so I can only imagine how crazy the S3 would be (droooooool).

Yep, as said, completely normal. It's louder outside than inside, but you can still hear it winding the calipers from inside the car.

Reactions: Cloud Guy
Yep, mine's audible too

Reactions: Cloud Guy
Thanks guys for confirming. It's reassuring to know. I just need to get out on a long drive soon to fully enjoy the car. It's spending far too much time on the daily commute and supermarket trips..zzzzz!

Reactions: Battlekrapz
Instruction does say that it might be audible and that it's normal. With all the electronic gizmos I would really recommend having a look into your manual - I feel safer knowing exactly what the gadgets are supposed to do.