Paint in a can - where from?

Bolly

Reaction score
Hi all

My car is now not worthy (economically) of a full body shop paint job, but there are bits that I would like to at least touch up and have a go at DIY repair/maintenance once all of this lockdown madness is over.

Where is the best place to get a good quality can of base, paint and lacquer? Preferably, someone who will be able to give me a colour mix that is very close to the actually factory paint on receipt of my paint code?

I assume Halfords would be a decent shout, but are there any alternatives?

Recommendations appreciated. Car is Audi A3 1.8T sport 2002 if that makes any difference!

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bolly

any half decent Body shop should be willing to sell you a can of paint

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sorry...I meant aerosol can of paint...

Wilco motospares make them up & will do a colour a check for you ... just make sure you get a fan nozzle with paint and the clear clearcote . You will get a better finish .

I used a place called Colourtone they supply a local body shop They can mix it to any colour you need don’t forget to get a can of lacquer aswell

I wouldn't touch general car shop such as Halfords for cans at all, use a proper auto refinishing suppliers who can mix/match the paint exactly.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Tj 0785
I wouldn't touch general car shop such as Halfords for cans at all, use a proper auto refinishing suppliers who can mix/match the paint exactly.
+1 on that.

Go to a paint consumable company there's loads out there find a local one they will mix it to your cars colour code, it will be better to take your car to the shop to get them to match the best shade as mostly all colour codes have a few shades that way you got the best match possible.