Paint Correct for first time?

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey
I was wondering if I should pay someone hundreds of pounds to remove the random key marks and scratches or buy a DA polisher for 90.00 and try myself?

I am a bit worried about ruining the paint, but have watched lots of YouTube videos on pressure and how to use them, but still there is lots that can go wrong.

I would imagine it would cost at least 350.00 or more for a full paint correction with sealant, but I can get a basic DA and some polisher for 120.00 or so.

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks so much

using a DA is fairly risk free the main thing is to properly prep the car, the paint must be super clean before you start machining

my next bit of advice would be to be patient, it's better to do 2/3 passes gently than go in aggressive, audi paint is pretty hard so on the plus side its hard to damage, but on the flip side it can be hard to correct

Reactions: daytonamart
Hi getting my car detailed this week by urbanvalets he is based in Liverpool but he does travel but you have to cover his time and fuel. He is one of the best in the business and approved by auto finesse his results are incredible check his Instagram.

Or if you could get up here he will do a training day think it’s similar price to a stage 1 enhancement which I believe is very informative.

I also follow another Instagram person finesse.it.detailing based In West Midlands who looks incredible. All his work is carried out in his workshop so it would be leaving your car there for a day or two.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I would need someone local to Bridgend South Wales.
I am sure it will take 2-3 days for me to do it properly.

Can I ask exactly what I need to do a full detail, I know to decontaminate and clay, I can do this no problem.

What pads do I need, also what liquids will I need in order?

I really appreciate your help guys and gals

I would watch urbanvalets Instagram he can do some real good results in a day. I am assuming my car will be on his story this week.

I don’t know about products hence me paying UBV to do mine.

He did a scooby this was a day of his time £300-375 price is car size dependant

I am sure I saw on his Instagram story someone from Bridgend traveled up for training so might be worth asking UBV for that guys contact details and find out what he charged and experience.

I have been in contact with someone in Bridgend, they have quoted 350.00
I could buy a DA and supplies for 150.00, so is my time worth 150.00 for probably 3 days work.
Its a tough one, 1 I get the experience and satisfaction of my own work, 2. Its going to take 3 days of back breaking work lol.

Im 50/50 on this one.

I would say you will never achieve the professional detail of an expert as they have years of experience.