Paint coming off the engine cover

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
Hi just a quick question has anyone else had the silver paint come off the engine cover,, l opened the bonnet at the weekend to fill up the washer bottle and notice some the silver paint was missing,, actually some of it came off on my finger during inspection of it, warranty covered or not cars only done 4450 miles

Reactions: MikeParkin
Just been out to check mate - mine’s older than yours but with lower mileage. Can’t see any signs of silver paint flaking on mine...
45109732 0634 49C1 AB49 91BEB2987FE1

Reactions: Jassyo06
Not sure if they would cover cosmetics under the bonnet under warranty. But I agree it shouldn’t come off when nearly new.

I've done nearly 30k and seems fine.

Definitely eligable for warranty. Any paint finish not up to 450 miles of driving has suffered a latent defect in manufacture or design. Paint on wheels flaking off is a common and very similar occurrence, and dealers replace those without question.

You’ve been polishing it too much !!! :fearscream:

As above warranty should sort it mate.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Daveotto, NevMan and 1 other person
You’ve been polishing it too much !!! :fearscream:

As above warranty should sort it mate.
lol, was going to say something similar :chuncky:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Have you inspected brake fluid or anything like that that could of dripped onto it @jassyo06 ?

Seems strange does that... like the above obviously a warranty claim.

Just thinking of what Audi will come out with to put the blame on you Hahaha.

Audi will say washer fluid has boiled on there so that's what has caused it! Your fault.

I hope you get it sorted pal. I've been there with poor paint with Audi and was a bit of a head ache but got a new car out of it in the end.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Seems strange does that... like the above obviously a warranty claim.

Just thinking of what Audi will come out with to put the blame on you Hahaha.

Audi will say washer fluid has boiled on there so that's what has caused it! Your fault.

Or they will look at you like you are mad when you complain that the paint is flaking from a bit of plastic under the bonnet that covers the engine.

Before you all jump on me it isn’t what I think, but I bet Audi will think you are slightly mental.

It would definitely bother me as well, I’m just saying that I bet they’ll think you’ve lost the plot.

Reactions: Tom.H, NevMan, AudiNutta and 1 other person
If no engine compartment detailing done by a a third party. I would definitely ask for a new engine cover. You might have an issue James as you did not buy from a local dealer but they know who you are at Glasgow Audi (Lookers) and not one to cry wolf. Did you buy your Mum's car there or at at the lookers dealership in Hamilton or?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
If no engine compartment detailing done by a a third party. I would definitely ask for a new engine cover. You might have an issue James as you did not buy from a local dealer but they know who you are at Glasgow Audi (Lookers) and not one to cry wolf. Did you buy your Mum's car there or at at the lookers dealership in Hamilton or?
. Mum's car from Glasgow Audi mate ,l don't actually use Glasgow Audi for servicing etc l use Hamilton Audi for all of that, l looked again where the paint had come off and gave it a wipe there's no more loose paint for now....so will just leave it for the time being, not got the time to visit a dealership atm
Ps hell would freeze over sooner tham me buying a car from Glasgow Audi mate

Reactions: MattSedg, MikeParkin, NevMan and 2 others