Orange Light

Danny Cawsey

Cawsey
Reaction score
Ok so i my LCD screen doesn't work as i tried to replace the screen and did a crap job of it so the top 3 quarters lights up red but with no pixels and the bottom orange with no pixels, if fuel is low or errors the bottom will light up orange but that's it.
I'm going to buy another lcd screen and attempt this again soon.

My main question is that i now have the lower part of the screen lit up orange constantly now and don't know what it is.
I've scanned it with my code reader and no fault codes. Is there a way with VCDS to find out what the light is for?

Would be in the instrument block I would imagine that most code readers won't see as they typically only do codes on the ECU...

VCDS should be able to view it somehow... never checked for things like that... a full VCDS scan may unearth the code though

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tuffty ill see if i can get it scanned with VCDS on the weekend, I'm just a bit worried in case its Oil Pressure light after reading all these Posts recently, All tho its Orange from when i put the ignition on without the car running which says to me it not to do with the engine? Hopefully something stupid.
I must get a new lcd screen soon :(