Opinions on wheels

Alex Ward

Reaction score
Afternoon folks.
I'm about to order some new rims for my black cabby. I'm so torn between 3.
BBS CXR
OZ Superturismo GT graphite
Dotz Revvo Dark
Going for this sort or colour as my rear valance is dark grey being a Final Edition model Cabriolet. Going for 19's by the way.
What ones would look the best??
(I know it's a matter of opinion but I'd like to see what the general consensus is!)
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_6251.PNG
    IMG_6251.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_6256.PNG
    IMG_6256.PNG
    356.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6255.JPG
    IMG_6255.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 114
its out of the bbs and the oz for me mate, swinging more to the bbs, they are lovely

Reactions: Alex Ward
Alex, Kudos, wheels and brakes in the same week :)

If i had the option i love Genuine BBS CH in 19s however ny budget wasnt that strong

If you can go genuine BBS of any description they are great wheels

Alex, Kudos, wheels and brakes in the same week :)

If i had the option i love Genuine BBS CH in 19s however ny budget wasnt that strong

If you can go genuine BBS of any description they are great wheels
Yes mate. Wheels, Brembos, lowering springs in the same week! Getting a custom made stainless cat back exhaust next Friday. Fitted a K&N panel filter today.
I'd love some BBS LM's but I don't really want to re mortgage my house :laughing:
That's why I do quite like the Dotz Revvo Dark's.
I totally agree about BBS but I'm now starting to think those CXR's look too much like my standard wheels!!

Attachments

• IMG_5380.JPG
    IMG_5380.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
well done on doing all that in such a short space

Car will be awesome

I went OEM, however love BBS CH, ha them on BMW 330d ad went to CSL, wish i kept the genine BBS

This is a better pic showing the colour

Attachments

• IMG_6245.PNG
    IMG_6245.PNG
    552.8 KB · Views: 112
I'd say OZ due to weight, also look a little more OEM other than the center caps and writing.

Just ordered the BBS CX-R's. Considering I'm putting aftermarket rims on my car, I think I'd regret not going for BBS.
Can't wait to get them on over my new Brembos!!!!!! I'll post pics when it's all done.

Reactions: Baka and tony mc
I also like these BBS

IMG 4580

IMG 4581
Very nice, the copies are a lot heavier and don't seem as strong
A great wheel, did you go 18 or 19?

I went for Audi OEM in the end 19 x 8.5 ET43

Love yours. I've got the 18" titanium finish version of yours fitted at the min.
I went for 19" :yes:
Thought if I'm going for aftermarket BBS, then I might as well go bigger than what I've already got!!

Awesome, go big or go home lol
What width and offset?
What size tyres and make?

Should sit nice buddy
Same size tyre as me and same width just offset different

That was eye watering £££££ for Genuine BBS and tyres Ouch

I got 4 genuine refurb Audi wheels and 4 new Good year's and that was best part of £850

Make sure you have the right bolts provided, you won't be running spacers then either that offset

I've some H&R spacers just in case. Mainly so the wheels go over the 6 pot brembos on the front. Obviously they haven't been fitted yet.
And yes the price of the rims with tyres was eye watering lol

To be fair my wheel cleared the Brembis without spacers, i just added some 1mm to fill the arches and give it a wider front

The rear 12mm catch on the arches and 10s dont sit flush.

Depending o n what disc you use on the front the 10mm will also be an issue, i had to have the spacers machined (they fitted fine with the A4 disc but the merc's hat sits 2mm flusher therefore had an issue when fitting the spacer back on

I'm using the S5 345mm discs on the front. Should be plug and play with the new Brembos. I've ordered 8mm spacers for the front and 10mm for the rear.