Old vs New S5 what's your choice?

Corbula

Reaction score
For the people that have driven or owned both the old S5 and the new S5 which would you say drives best and which would you prefer to have now?

I've been looking at getting the old model S5 around 2015 which are at around £26000 at the moment. I'm debating whether to to go this route or if I can't find the one I want, get a cheaper A5 or similar then go for the new model in maybe 2 years time for a similar price.

So which would you get if you could or have, the old model or the new model?

I have not driven a B9 yet so I can't comment, but I will say that if you are considering one, then it might be worth finding out when the facelift is due.

Do you mean a facelift for the b9? I didn't think there would be one so soon for that model. I've just had a quick look and can't find anything about it, where did you hear about it?

You need to drive them yourself and find out IMHO. Old S5 has a supercharger, new has a turbo. They will drive differently but which you prefer is down to your preferences.

Probably biased as I used to own a B8.5, but I still cant get on with the looks of the B9, and the supercharged V6 is such a gem.

Engine reliability on 15/16plates are great AFAIK and, as both Arad and Dippy will attest too, can get bonkers performance for not much outlay...!

B8.5 Coupe is still one of the best looking cars on the road for me...

Reactions: RS5 JON and arad85
Engine reliability on 15/16plates are great AFAIK and, as both Arad and Dippy will attest too, can get bonkers performance for not much outlay...!
Yup. Just don't push the supercharger too much ;)

Reactions: DrEskimo
Yup... around that (can't remember if just above or just below...). It is a seriously powerful car anyway and I'm happy with it as it is - until someone comes along with a clutch delete kit anyway... Even happier now the blown exhaust is fixed (one joint wasn't sealed properly, so was blowing) and the sound is way sweeter now.