Oil Capacity for 2.8 V6 30V Quattro....

jrleech

Reaction score
The manual states approx 5.0 litres for the 2.8 V6 Quattro....

Just done an oil/filter change on mine. Put in 5 litres and it was just touching the bottom of the orange bit on the dipstick. Took another 1.25 litres to get it to just under the MAX mark.

I know it says approx 5.0 litres, but 6.25 is quite a bit more!!

Also meant I had to go and buy some more (uber expensive) oil....

Cheers,
Jon

How long did you leave it to stand before you added the other 1.25L? I had a similar issue with my old ford. When I topped it up and left it for a few weeks and checked again I found it was about 5ml above the max line. Perhaps it’s just taken a long time to ground itself being the consistency it is. Check it again and see if it’s above the max line now.

I always used about 5 litres when I did an oil/filter change on mine to get it to the max mark on the dipstick.

How much oil did you drain out??

The weird thing is that the manual says ~5 litres and the Audi service document says ~5 litres and every oil change I did used ~5 litres, but the last service I had done Audi charge me for 7 litres of oil. When I asked them why I was told that Audi now state that the engine takes 6.2 litres of oil - maybe the sump grows bigger as the engines get older, it might even grow 2 more cylinders and you will have a V8.......

I let it stand for about 2 hours, as I had to go and buy some more oil (in a different car). Re-checked when I came back and it hadn't moved.

It certainly took 6.25 litres. Looking at my handbook, a lot of it seems to be for the 2.6 and not the 2.8, so maybe they increased the oil sump capacity when they upped the engine size without updating the manual.

It would be nice if it became a 4.2 V8..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,
Jon