OEM Parking Sensor Retro Fit

IanFM

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have managed to track down a set of front and rear oem parking sensors and before I go and pick them I want to make sure I get all the bits required.

I know I need

Front Sensors
Rear Sensors
Parking sensor dash button
Control module

Is there anything else required

Wiring looms?
Two Control modules front & rear?

Also do the wires for the front sensors run to the control module in the boot?

Thanks in advance for any help guys. If I (we! thanks again Steve) manage to pull it off we might even manage to post a nice build log.

Hi Guys

I have managed to track down a set of front and rear oem parking sensors and before I go and pick them I want to make sure I get all the bits required.

I know I need

Front Sensors
Rear Sensors
Parking sensor dash button
Control module

Is there anything else required

Wiring looms?
Two Control modules front & rear?

Also do the wires for the front sensors run to the control module in the boot?

Thanks in advance for any help guys. If I (we! thanks again Steve) manage to pull it off we might even manage to post a nice build log.

Mate think there is only one control module but its more complicated as the front ones sound in the front and the rear ones sound in the rear so you can tell the difference.

I have had a look on kufatech and there retro fit kit includes:

1 control unit
2 buzzers
1 interior switch
8 sensors
2 sensor cables
2 other pretty serious looking cables

That sound about right to folk?

Ok for anyone else who finds a car breaking with the oem front and rears and thinks about stripping them out a word of caution be prepared to abandon the wiring looms! 2 of us spent 4 hours today trying and didn't even get close. What can easily be salvaged are:

Control unit from rear
Sensors including the wiring looms for that that is contained within the bumpers
The 2 speakers

Realistically that's about it!

We just set about the rest with snips in the end.

So anyone got a wiring diagram for oem parking sensors so we can make our own looms?

As the other person involved in this (former aviation electrical engineer) I can vouch this is a ***** of a job.......

Has anybody got access to the wiring diagrams for the A4 B6? Realistically, all I need to know is which PIN positions from the control unit go where....