OEM LED license plate light not working....

ItsAllGood

Reaction score
So I went from OEM halogen to Aftermarket LED Festoon to OEM LED in just one month. The right side festoon one was very twitchy. Thats the reason why I changed to OEM led.
After I removed the festoon and replaced it with the oem leds, I turned on the engine, and only the right side worked... for about 3 second, and FIS informed me an error that plate light aint working.. So the lights doesnt light at all.
Searched this on google, but can't find any answers.. Somebody experienced this? Its a 54 plate a3

And got my facelift lights today after 1 month waiting, yep bad luck brian...
IMG_1875.jpg

Are the prongs touching the contacts? They have to be perfect, took me a few goes with mine to get them working. Real PITA

Are the prongs touching the contacts? They have to be perfect, took me a few goes with mine to get them working. Real PITA

Yeah, I tried to bend the prongs on the. But didnt work ....

I had the exact same problem with my OEM led units......so sent them back for a refund and bought led bulbs off t8ups and they worked 1st time without any error and they look brilliant.

So I did a lil debugging on this. I connected both of the oem leds to an external battery, and both works fine! So i then connected the leds to the car, and only the right one works, when turning on the engine, it gives me an error, and this is where the right led start to flicker because the error message will turn off both the leds automaticly after 3 seconds. I then tried connecting my old led on the left (that have always worked) and the oem to the right, both works perfect! So I am veeery confused