Odd Question about S-Line bumpers

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I have just noticed that some of the older S-Lines have a different front bumper to newer S-Lines

On the newer ones they have different fog light surround and also at the ends of the bumpers there is a part which sticks out

thing is that mine has the newer style bumper and it was registered early 11/05 and on some S-Lines which were registered 12/05 and 01/06 have the older style bumper

when did Audi do this change over?

The front and rear bumpers used to be part of an S-Line styling pack which was a separate option so some people specced it whilst others didn't. A while ago they merged this into the main S-Line option to make a single option so you got it whether you wanted it or not.

I think Audi changed the options around that time - you had to spec the S-Line exterior kit separate which included the different front bumper/splitter and roof spoiler.

I think when you spec S-line now you get the diff bumpers etc.

I don't have this - see photos. New style grill but not the bumper you speak of.....

and no roof spoiler......

The option became available around July/August 05 as an S-Line option at a cost of £950. I discovered the option after ordering my car and was able to add it on for 55 plate delivery. The dealer had not heard of the option until I mentioned it so therefore spoke to Audi UK to confirm. Soon after I think they introduced the special edition which the bumpers came as standard.

the question i want answered is.....will the new s-line front bumper fit an 04 sport?

or will this one fit an 04 sport?
A3Frontstig.jpg

i have chatted with verrtigo and he has told me that they will not fit the sport due to the spaces between the lights and grill are different and the bonnet is different...can anyone concour??

thanks

RobinA3 said:
I have just noticed that some of the older S-Lines have a different front bumper to newer S-Lines

On the newer ones they have different fog light surround and also at the ends of the bumpers there is a part which sticks out

thing is that mine has the newer style bumper and it was registered early 11/05 and on some S-Lines which were registered 12/05 and 01/06 have the older style bumper

when did Audi do this change over?

also the newer sline bumpers dont have the bumper inserts. The new ones are complety smooooooth.

Not identical. On genuine facelift bumpers the chrome of the grill touches the edge of the bonnet on the hofele there's a ring of plastic.
Also the crease line down the bonnet terminates in a different place.

Boydie - this hofele is the closest you'll get I think. Forget about OEM bumpers the surfacing and interfaces have changed on the facelift/sportback grills.

cheers mate

i was saying there to married on closer inspection of the hofele they have put RS4 type grooves on the side of the front bumper - not so sure about it though

im sure also with the hofele it is the same shape at the bottom so the likes of the sportback vortex kit would fit? would be a mighty expensive bumper though :(