odd problems help needed.

TOM.S

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have come across a very odd problems today.
First right upon start I have been greeted with a blown bulb warning when pressing the check button it came up a the centre brake light, checked it and it really wasn't working. a after a few minutes of drive the warning light simply disappeared and the brake light went to work again. now at the same time I have been experiencing judder under acceleration.whilst the bulb warning has gone, the judder still remains. could the two be linked or is it just coincidence.
Also any ideas what should I be looking for, where to look first for the fault?
I have done a quick search on google and here at asn All result were pointed to fuel filter,egr clean up and injector issue.(most results came from tdi's) however I don't seem to have any loss of power above certain rev range as opposed to the search result findings. I dind't made any recent changes to the car that could result in these issues. and to rule the fuel filter out I did replaced it with a brand new unit just a few months back.
can anyone help, point me what this could be, and or could the two issues be linked?
thank you for any input

Brake light fault will most proberly be a bad connection, take it out clean up the connections and you should be good to go.
As for the judder is this happening in 1st & 2nd gear? Common issue it the DMF is on its way out.

Brake light fault will most proberly be a bad connection, take it out clean up the connections and you should be good to go.
As for the judder is this happening in 1st & 2nd gear? Common issue it the DMF is on its way out.

No it's happening in all gears but only during acceleration cruising gear changes decelaration all go fine just when I put the foot down.
and it's a tiptronic auto trans, so that rules out the dmf.
Was wondering where to start looking. Brakes,drive shafts, bearings?

No it's happening in all gears but only during acceleration cruising gear changes decelaration all go fine just when I put the foot down.
and it's a tiptronic auto trans, so that rules out the dmf.
Was wondering where to start looking. Brakes,drive shafts, bearings?

Start off by checking your engine mounts especially the snub mount at the front of the engine as they rot and fall apart