Notification centre colours

TimTFSI

Reaction score
Ever since I've had my car, the notification centre at the top has had a colour, when using an app. Android Auto, for example.
Being colourblind, this has bugged me, and it's only tonight I've been informed that the colour changes to match the icon in the quick access bar.
I find this distracting. Is there a way to remove the colour, such as with the home button selected?
2021 11 09 221252

Out of curiosity, honest question, as you're colourblind, how does that colour change visualise to you, is it a darker or brighter area as the icons are white, bright so to speak, does it mesh as one bright blob?

I suspect its bot changeable as of course the colour changes are a guide to different selected features areas, however thats not to say in coding its not a hidden step, but to date boy known of a way to disable colour hints.

Reactions: TimTFSI
Out of curiosity, honest question, as you're colourblind, how does that colour change visualise to you, is it a darker or brighter area as the icons are white, bright so to speak, does it mesh as one bright blob?

I suspect its bot changeable as of course the colour changes are a guide to different selected features areas, however thats not to say in coding its not a hidden step, but to date boy known of a way to disable colour hints.
I can see that there is a highlight colour, I just can't tell what colour they are. I assume they match up too but I can't tell that either. Someone obviously thinks it looks good, but I could do without it.